motorhome caravan door flyscreen repair

Bayliner1952

Hello,was just wondering if anyone knew of a company that can repair the black fly mesh on the inner door connected to the side habitation door.

We have a Ford Autosleeper Orian Sirius 08 .

Anyone else had a similar issue?, any help would be appreciated.

Mark Dorset

• 4 months later...

I have a IH FL630 with a factory fitted flyscreen for the sliding door entrance. One of the cords has failed.

I seem to remember reading in MMM a while back that someone had fixed a similar problem.

Can anyone remember which edition of MMM that was or give some tips how to replace the cords?

Cord broke on mine , repair didn’t last long so bought a set of old school chenille fly screens ( very retro but very effective ) Bought a 3M tie back hook and a diamanté tie back ( for when the screen is not needed ) which completes the retro kitsch look .

A replacement OEM screen would of necessitated me selling a kidney !

My flyscreen has been repaired due to broken cords. We used a marine twine that is used to stitch sails. It is heavier than the original cord but works well. My Brother in law suggested this product as he used it to repair his boys dingy sails. I imagine most marine accessories outlets would stock it. Cheers.

Archived