motorhome depot

coot

i bought one from them that they owned met the salesman in derby and had a good deal with them in the add the van was supposed to have had a new cam belt recently but i could not find the proof in the paperwork so i rang them and they repaid me £400 without a fuss so i dont think they are hard to deal with ps when my garage changed the belt they said it had been done

I bought my motorhome via Motorhome Depot last summer. The only issue I had was the payment process. The broker wanted payment into their (M/H Depot) account and they would then transfer payment (obviously minus their fee) to the vendor. I would have preferred to pay the vendor directly.

Eventually we agreed that the day I went to collect the motorhome, I checked it over and finally agreed the purchase, then my wife transferred the payment from my bank to theirs. Once I confirmed the payment, the deal was done. I was, I think naturally cautious about transferring such a large amount of money to a broker who I didn't really know.

Prior to the purchase I did look at another motorhome elsewhere in the country also being sold via Motorhome Depot. This was with another broker. Whilst I did not buy this one, I found the broker more professional and knowledgable. Can I suggest that you do your homework on the motorhome and have your questions ready to ask, the product knowledge was varied with each broker.

Finally, the vendor of mine was a genuinely nice person and spent a long time with me showing me how everything worked. The broker did not have this level of knowledge, so it's worth getting a comprehensive handover if you do buy.

Overall, it worked for me. Good luck!

Hi, the way it works when selling with m/h depot is that the m/h owner says how much he/she wants for the m/h and the broker sells it for as much as he can, the difference being his fee. The seller of the m/h has nothing to do with the price the m/h is sold for and unless the seller and buyer get together after the sale neither know who has got what out of the deal. This is why the buyer has to pay into the m/h depot bank account rather than direct to the seller.

Regards David

Archived