navigators

Guest martin h

Guest Alf W
In spite of the clever clogs above, I suggest you look at the Tomtom Go. My wife and I decided that she spent too much time with her nose in the map rather than enjoying the surroundings. We have not yet used Tomtom abroad, but so far it has been excellent in the UK and we have the map for France and previewed it ready for June

Guest Clive
If I switch ON the GPS the wife takes it as a personal Insult. So it was not such a tongue in cheek comment you see. She has proven to be more accurate navigating in France than GPS mapping. Who am I to argue?

Guest Nick Miller
Although i would have to admit to the sartorial elegance of a pair of Dutch Mule clogs i was not trying to be clever. My two brief sentences were an attempt to encapsulate a differing motorhome philosophy. Get lost and enjoy what you might find around the corner.Probably not a POI but you might be pleasantly surprised. But then if i get lost i only have the dog to blame.

Guest David
Hi, I would not dare call my Wife a clever clogs! A good map is the best navigation aid plus a compass if you do not know where Nth is. A map give you great pleasure and detail, you can see a long way ahead and around you with a map. How many good maps can you buy for the price of a Sat Nav unit. A friend was demonstrating his unit to us one evening. By the time he had got it set up we could have done half the journey. So a good map and the knolwledge of how to read it. I have got three programmes for route finding for the P.C. none are very good, one is a Microsoft and the other AA. Not sure who produced the other one, but as I said they are all c----. David.

Guest PeteC
My wife Anyway a chap tried to sell me one for Europe on 6 disks & it could only get you to the town My 'Autoroute' gets mee to the individual house door in the UK on 1 disk for UK & Europe The map then takes over when we get abroad it is more accurate

Guest David Powell
For those who prefer to navigate with the broader view of a good FREE map, try "get a map" from www.ordnancesurvey, any scale you want, in some cases even street numbers along with all the other finer details, all down loaded in glorious colour. In the hands of my navigator, I call her the Managing Director, she always manages to direct me to exactly where she wants to go. If I could afford it I would love a 'sat-nav'.

Guest trigrem
I like my TomTom 3 on a PDA. I love reading maps and planning routes but the boss cannot navigate for toffee and admits it, I cannot read a map and drive at the same time and through experience have found that planning a route, and following it, using road numbers in France is difficult. Using the GPS system keeps us married.

Guest Mark Barfield
Tom Tom french and spannish mapping is great very very accurate and seems up to date. Will be able to report back on the Italian version later this year.

Guest bill m
martin turn to page 1398 currant edition argos extra, at 80 quid you cant go wrong,,, it will take you from door to door, without being shouted at by a machine.(.regards bill m )

Guest John P
I now have to travel alone and the nav system is invaluable at home and abroad and extremely accurate. I use Garmin Street Pilot 3 with voice. This system is transferable from car to motorhome. It is possible to buy some makes from a certain High Street store and try one for two weeks or so. If you don't like it return for a full refund.This is what I did. Source the internet for the best prices. www.globalpositioningsystems in the north of England are competitive and you usually receive goods the next day. I ordered on a Friday at 4.00pm and received the goods on Saturday at 8.30am (250 miles) Not bad service! No! I'm not naming the store.

Archived