new motorhome pre registration inspection

Guest Tony Lock

Guest Tony Lock
Can anyone out there explain why a new motorhome has to be inspected by a dvla inspector before the vehicle can be registered. Local dealers are unable to guarantee march 1st delivery as they dont know when inspections are to be carried out. There seems to be a big queue to get the inspector to make suitable appointments. What has changed, causing it to be necessary to have inspections at dealers premises. Is this another EU regulation. Is it a safety issue? Why leeave it so late to do inspections, and does it apply to All new motorhomes or is it to be backdated ? any body know the answers.?

Guest Brian Kirby
Tony Search forum under the following: DVLA vehicle checks at first registration(1) — Mike Chapman. I think you'll find the answer there. Brian

Tony, My dealer has just rung me to say the same although they have booked the Ministry man for the 1st to check 18 vans. He quoted that this has arisen due to a problem with an RV thats been imported somewhere. I cannot think this is the sole reason, but would have expected all new models to first of all had Type Approval. I think there must be some other reason, and also what will the Minstry man look at. ( Could be good for us as two PDI's ) David

Archived