normandy

Guest terry

Guest terry
hi can anyone recomend a site in normandy 3 or 4 days. close to WW2 landings or war museum and also boulogne for our first stop hope you can help. thank you terry.

Above the village of Aromanches is a car park where overnight parking is permitted.The attendant comes around in the morning to collect a modest fee.This car park is directly above the mulberry harbour to the north of the village.

Guest Brian Ramsden
If you really want a campsite, I can recommend the Camping Municipal "Le Champ de Course" at Courseul Sur Mer, which was Juno Beach. Follow signs into Courseul for Centre and Juno Beach and the site is on the Av. de la Liberation. Good site and very close to centre and beach.

There is also a camp site alongside the aire at Arromanches if you prefer. Motor caravans stop overnight on the harbourside at Boulogne but there are no facilities. Very convenient for the ferry.

Guest Derek Uzzell
It might be a bit far from Boulogne, but "Le Cormoran" (www.lecormoran.com), about 50 miles south-east of Cherbourg at Ravenoville, would give you easy access to the war-museums at Ste. Mere-Eglise and Utah Beach. Le Cormoran is a 4-star site that opens in April and has a special overnight-rate for motorhomes. Incidentally, if you are thinking of staying near Arromanches, I suggest you use a campsite as I've heard stories about "youthful rowdiness" from motorcaravanners who had visited the car-park Alan mentions.

Archived