personal details

Guest Richard Oakley

Guest Richard Oakley
Hello Campers Why has MMM given out personal details, including forum codes to a third party? I am concerned Richard Oakley

Richard, It all appears OK. MMM is acting as a Mailing Service sending out, to Subscribers, selected advertising material. For which, as you would expect, MMM will derive some form of income. It is unlikely that MMM will divulge any Subscribers names and addresses etc to the Insurance Company (or any other advertisers, come to that) as the Data Protection Act protects you in this respect. Hence the reason for 'Return to MMM if undelivered’ on the back of the envelope, (Haven’t got the exact wording available now as the letter went straight in the bin).

Guest Yorkshire Tyke
There is a Forum Code? That allows non subscribers to access the forum for one month A new code is issued every month inside the mag. Any unwanted mails we receive are placed into their return mail envolopes and sent back AFTER removing our name, address and any codes If we get more than one such then they get each others advertising materials Every one returned (as I understand) is charges to the respective account AND it keeps the postmen/women in work AND keeps my rubish bin less full

Guest Yorkshire Tyke
i have just been spamed 3 times for insurance From this web site The address used is unique to this site So I know where the info has been obtained

Archived