power socket

Pete-B

Hi, I want to temporarily remove a power socket in our AS Warwick XL whilst I do some work on the panel it's fitted to.

There doesn't appear to be any visible fixing screws so I can only assume that somehow the cover round the outside off comes off?

Can any kind person tell me how to do this!

Appreciate any help, thanks.

I think your Warwick has the design of sockets shown on the photo attached below.

I'm pretty sure these are "Berker" products and the chrome-finish 'frame' is marketed in single, double or triple versions. There's an example of a triple frame in this advert.

https://www.spares2you.co.uk/berker-triple-frame-colour-gloss-chrome-w4-21248g/

The frame clips on to the socket and removal involves CAREFULLY prising the frame off .

images.jpg.eac9c8c0fbfe4a77289a2005271f1346.jpg

Derek Uzzell - 2022-01-11 6:46 PM

I think your Warwick has the design of sockets shown on the photo attached below.

I'm pretty sure these are "Berker" products and the chrome-finish 'frame' is marketed in single, double or triple versions. There's an example of a triple frame in this advert.

https://www.spares2you.co.uk/berker-triple-frame-colour-gloss-chrome-w4-21248g/

The frame clips on to the socket and removal involves CAREFULLY prising the frame off .

Thanks Derek, the vans in storage a few miles away but I think you may be right about type, they do have a surround on them

We have the same sockets on our 2019 Burstner. I would put a strip of masking tape down the side flush against the socket, then very carefully use a thin blade sharp knife to lift the chrome bezel. Then there are two or four small screws holding the socket i place

It's perhaps worth adding that playing about with a Berker UK 3-pin 230V socket outlet may be less simple than anticipated.

The outlet is likely to comprise three pieces - the outer cosmetic frame, the 3-pin socket itself and a protective back-box. The following advert shows the three parts

https://www.aandlleisure.co.uk/genuine-w4-berker-240v-socket-chrome-faceplate--back-box-swift-elddis----al95-2000-p.asp

and I've attached a couple of the images below.

I fitted a Berker twin UK 3-pin 230V socket outlet to my Rapido motorhome and the most difficult part of the task involved the electrical cables as there was not much room inside the pair of back-boxes. Whether there are any similar issues in Pete's case will depend on how Auto-Sleepers has installed the sockets, but it's something to be aware of.

(I'd do as weldted suggests to remove the frame and probably use a wide-ish blade sharp wood chisel as the tool.)

545546222_berker230Vsocketoutlet.jpg.84f7eec89b480dc1320f8dced8885c1e.jpg

928517625_berker230Vsocketoutlet2.jpg.df1ffc46361b3f3e78d85a94cffd45e2.jpg

Archived