rattles from Truma space heater

Guest Ken

Can anyone suggest origin of annoying rattle from Truma 3000 space heater in motorhome. It is not the front casing, and I have screwed the heat shield back to the casing, without curing the rattle.

Guest Derek Uzzell
It might be worth you contacting the Truma technical people via their website (www.trumauk.com) or on 01283 586050. I remember asking them about the regular complaints of rattles from these 'fires' and I'm pretty sure they told me it was often due to the original installation being done badly.

Guest Mick t
Further to Derek note about original installation. When having a recent habitation service i mentioned the noise from the Truma heater. When checked it was found that where it should have been fixed to the floor out of 3 screws there was only 1 in place.There being no holes for the missing screws, so not installed corectly in the first place.

Guest Mel E
Both our previous motorhomes had rattling Trumas (which is why the new one doesn't have a Truma!). In both cases it was the cover/grill and we found that judicious insertion of pices of paper towel while in transit cured the problem. But remember to remove them before igniting!

Hi, I had a rattle from the front of my Truma 3000. After a lot of searching I found the noise was coming from a capilary unit on the bottom front of the unit. It had come out of it's clips, refitting cured my rattle.

Thanks for all suggestions. Having tried all these, I have spoken to Truma, who suggested that a spring holding the cowl on the base of the unit may have come adrift, I crawled under the van to find that the clip was in situ, but there was considerable movement in the cowl seating (metal to metal) which the spring does not elimate, This is the rattle which can be heard in the when travelling I am now trying to fabrikcate something to elimate this movement,

Archived