re emissions saga

tonyg3nwl

Hi folks, all this latest issue re emissions /adblue etc, can anyone reliaably update me regarding requirements or otherwise for my 2009 Stargazer, 2.3 litre machine.

Does it need/use adblue. If so where is the tank for it, if not does it mean that it might need mods to get it through mot etc.. or worse that it fails mot, and can t be modified.

a previous vehicle peugeot 2.2 diesel car, was apparently fitted with ad blue, but during the time I hax it, I dont remember anything about adblue.

Any comments

tonyg3nwl

...no, it definitely doesn't use/need Adblu.

Emissions testing for MOT purposes is based on the requirements/design limits at the time of manufacture. Your 'van will not need to meet any later (more stringent) standards to pass its MOT, and therefore will not require any modification.

The simple requirement will be that the emissions values are no greater than the limits which applied when the 'van was built. Unless there are underlying mechanical problems, it would normally do this with relative ease.

If we consider other than the MOT implications, however, older 'vans may find themselves progressively barred from low-emissions zones.

Archived