rear locker door seal leaks

steve hill

I have a Rollerteam van and after leaky rear locker seals, I replaced them. However when the van is level it still appears to leak in from the bottom of the door as if the water cannot flow off the ledge properly in heavy rain and seeps over the lip under the seal.

I am putting mini gutters above the door to try stop some of the water flow, but does anyone else have the problem have you even realized, because I have a fully sealed waterproofed floor to 3 inches in height it was obvious.

Have you seen and solved the problem.

Ta

I had the same issue, replaced seal and still leaked in on my Autocruise. After heavy rain I noticed water was on the bottom of the door frame when opened and must have run over the lip.

So far it has been solved by cutting a strip of rigid plastic and using a bathroom silicone sticking it on the inside along the bottom edge creating a barrier to stop the water running over.

Steve

Does the seal have a butt-joint at the bottom of the door?

This was the case with my 2005 Hobby motorhome where rainwater collected in the lipped shelf under the door and then 'climbed' up the joint and over the seal into the rear locker. I stopped this happening by gluing together the two ends of the seal where they met.

Yes and it is already glued, as it is a garage we were able to get inside, hose pipe it arround the door saw it eventually creeping in ( not at that joint) it only needs a little water but at a constant rate it could add up to gallons in bad weather its amazing. Before we redid the seals I got 2 inches of water across the whole garage in about 10 hours of rain. When the van is on a slope to front or back the water naturally runs out of the door frame but when level it can fill the door gap as rain also comes from the roof rearwards.

If I seal the door seals to the frames thats a one off experiment and no going back, they cost £100 for me to do.

Have a look at this website. https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/Index.asp

You can either find a better seal or even add something like a round seal to your existing seal type. They will send small samples for you to check for suitability.

My Burstner Hab door had a poor fitting seal and I cured it by fitting a new seal from Seals Direct. I asked for 2 samples and one of them was a perfect fit.

Hi 747

Ah no the new seal fits perfect and is a fresh clamp to the frame lip, visually it looks great, the problem appears to be it getting under the seal over the lip when the bottom ledge fills. If the lip on the frame was higher I am sure this would not happen.

I had a similar problem on my Rapido, the problem was the door wasnt actually closing properly onto the seal. Although when the door was closed it looked ok I found that by putting a bright light inside the locker, at night I could see the light shining out around the door. Made a few adjustments so no light seen and added a piece of hose onto the closing lever to pull the door in a bit more and no more leaks.

Archived