replacing fly screen in roof vent

cgrubb

we bought a new van 12 months ago, there are two Fiamma roof vents with sliding fly screens. These are already full of dust etc and need to removed and cleaned or replaced. But I can’t see how to do this easily and where to source replacements.

Any suggestions?

I Cleaned my fly screen a few years ago now and made this video yours may be a slightly different design but I would imagine the principle is similar ...Here in Spain you can buy the netting at Ferreterias (Hardware Shops) in Grey or white .....to get the factory replacement you could try searching "Leisureshop Direct".....

cgrubb

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

Are you certain that your rooflights are made by Fiamma?

The rooflight shown in Brian’s video is made by REMIS and its blind-system is attached to the rooflight’s inner frame by screws. Other makes of rooflight may have a blind-system that is attached differently.

My Rapido motorhome has two smallish 40cm x 40cm rooflights - one is a well-made Dometic “Mini-HEKI” and the other is a horrid Thule Omnistor “Omni-vent”. Both rooflights have priivacy and fly screens, with the Dometic rooflight’s screens sliding towards each other, while the Omni-vent’s screens both extend from the same side, one above the other.

I’m aware that a a blind ‘kit’ is marketed for a 40cm x 40cm Fiamma rooflight (example here)

https://tinyurl.com/vf7yccg

but I didn’t think this had a fly screen.

(It could help if you provided details of your motorhome (make, model, year of manufacture.)

BKen1 - 2020-03-20 3:44 PM

I Cleaned my fly screen a few years ago now and made this video yours may be a slightly different design but I would imagine the principle is similar ...Here in Spain you can buy the netting at Ferreterias (Hardware Shops) in Grey or white .....to get the factory replacement you could try searching "Leisureshop Direct".....

Hopefully this will make sense I'm at the top of the hill in a blue top hopefully later on this year.

Archived