reversing switch

Mark Wilkes

Hi all I have a 2007 Citroen relay camper van and the reversing lights have stopped working. I have changed the fusses and changed the bulbs and they still don't work, what I need help with if you can please is, could it be the reversing switch and if so where is it located as I can't find anything in the manual. Thank you in advance.

There’s this...

http://www.roadtestreports.co.uk/qanda/93342/

The reversing-light switch would normally be fitted to the gearbox casing, but where exactly will depend on which version of Citroen Relay Mark has and the motor fitted to it.

As has been said before, a 2007 Relay should be an ‘X250’ model, and the motors will then be a Ford-based 2.2litre HDI powerplant or an Iveco-based 3.0litre HDI unit. The gearboxes will differ according to the motor fitted and it’s probable that the location of the reversing-light switch will also differ.

It might be helpful if Mark could confirm whether or not his Relay looks like the attached photo and, if so, whether it has the 2.2litre or 3.0litre motor.

relayx250.jpg.d130a50a9c16b5a5c5d5f60ab6d22bbb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
its now fixed. I couldn't find the switch for the reversing lights so called out an auto electrician who sorted it out. I would never of found it as its on the right side of the engine under a lot of pipes and you could not see it but only feel it but he sorted it. so thank you again for your help as if I could see it I could of sorted it.

Archived