road tests

Guest henry

please can someone out there who is not as computer illiterate as me kindly tell me how to find a back issue of mmm which will give me a road test of a particular motorhome? in this case a Hymer 534 many thanks henry

Look near the back of any issue There is a summary of most if not all MH's available in UK, Europe & some USA Road test dates are marked along with date when these were carried out

Guest Derek Uzzell
I think Hymer hasn't made a 534 recently, so MMM's current listing won't help much. I've looked at a Road Test listing in MMM June 2003. This shows that a 'Second-hand' report of a Peugeot (J5) 534 (1989) 2.0 litre petrol was published in MMM July 2001. There was also a 'Brief' report of a Fiat 534 diesel published in MMM January 1988. And that, I'm afraid, seems to be it. If you're interested in a particular vehicle and know its year of manufacture, it might be worth trying to find a test report of a different but similar Hymer model (say a B544) close to that year. If you think that would be worthwhile I'll recheck the Road Test listing.

Guest Derek Uzzell
I've had a look at some French magazine motorcaravan model-listings and it appears from this that Hymer has used the 534 designator at least twice. Both times this was on A-class designs - the 1980s version that MMM reported on (as I mentioned above) and again during model-years 2001 and 2002 when the Fiat-based Hymer B-series gained an Al-Ko chassis. Unfortunately it seems from the MMM report list that no similar Hymer design of that period was tested.

it just goes to show what a brilliant site this is, if you don't know there is surely a man out there who does!!! many thanks for the info and ideas henry

Archived