running fridge on gas

GeoffandJen

We have a 584, so not sure if the same but, have turn regulator on, pressed green button near regulator and pushed another green button in.

Then check Alde gas has been prioritised and gas icon is "flagged". Good way of checking gas is on is by turning gas burner on above oven and see if ignites.

Hope this makes sense. Good luck. Smudger55

Smudger55 - 2019-06-14 9:09 PM

We have a 584, so not sure if the same but, have turn regulator on, pressed green button near regulator and pushed another green button in.

Then check Alde gas has been prioritised and gas icon is "flagged". Good way of checking gas is on is by turning gas burner on above oven and see if ignites.

Hope this makes sense. Good luck. Smudger55

Thanks Smudger55. Followed your top instructions and prioritised gas over electric.Stil have flashing gas on fridge. We have heating and gas on hob and hot water. Totally confused this end. Only had van 3 weeks - lots to hearn!

If all other gas appliances are working the other thing to check is that the safety valve for the fridge is open. Not sure where they are on your M/H but there will be three or four (usually red) taps that cut off the gas to each appliance (oven, heating etc) and they will be set horizontal (off) or vertical (on). Make sure these are all on.

If it is, and you have a flashing warning triangle, then it sounds like a service issue. On some makes/models there will also be a flashing error code that should identify what the problem is (codes in the handbook) but, sadly, these are usually far too general and obvious - example "no gas supply".

You may need to contact your nearest leisure vehicle workshop.

David

Hi,

One other thought, it late in day but their should be Swift control panel to right of Alde. Check heating is switched to gas and somewhere in settings another flag for gas. Also ensure heating settings are high enough to turn heaters on. Hopefully by doing this fridge will also come on. Cheers. Smudger55

Hi,

Perhaps you have found this out already, but I do not see it mentioned above.

If you have not used the fridge on gas recently, it will take some time for the gas to reach the burner. Our 3 way fridge quite often locks out, if we have not used it on gas for some time. You have to reset it by switching OFF and then ON again at the selector switch.

Alan

Thank you all for your suggestions. We have checked that the gas is on the hob, and that the red valve is in the correct position.

I have switched priority on the Alde panel to gas (it was on electric) but that has made no difference.

It has all worked before on gas but only after messing around between the settings on the panel. It worked for 3 days switching between battery and gas automatically depending on whether I was driving or not (no electric hook up).

I have phoned the dealer this morning and am awaiting a call back. Will let you know how it goes.

The gas for the fridge may just be slow making its way down the pipe. Our Rapido has a habit of not lighting up after being left.

I know it's a different control unit but I switch fridge to gas. If you listen by thr fridge vent there should should be a clicking noise from the pizzo ignition. If no joy, I switch off the mains, put the gas control on the fridge to automatic,

The three way controller on the fridge, should now work on gas only. (No 12v from engine, no 240 v from mains). Again there should be a clicking from the pizzo ignition. Wait a while, if nothing ignites, then try a gas only ignition again.

On our Rapido, it seems that the pcb in the fridge gets lazy, but will work after messing with its mind !

Rgds

tonyishuk - 2019-06-15 4:26 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's a different control unit but I switch fridge to gas. If you listen by thr fridge vent there should should be a clicking noise from the pizzo ignition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rgds

I am sorry but Tony does not understand how gas ignition on modern MH fridges works.

Gas ignition is not by piezo ignition (an electro-mechanical system requiring repeated pushing of the ignition button), but by an electrically powered spark generator. It is the sound of the spark that can be heard outside the fridge, not the repeated mechanical hammering of a piezo crystal.

I accept that there are some older fridges that use piezo ignition.

Alan

You have obviously confirmed you have the gas supply as its powering the heating, with my AES I find if you switch it off wait 5 minutes switch it back on and press the exclamation switch which should clear the error and then the gas switch, you should then hear the fridge trying to ignite, with a rapid series of clicks.

Similar problem recently with fridge sparking but not igniting..........................cleaned all the contacts and inside the burner ..............removed the jet and cleaned out. All for first time but useful learning as I went along.

But still no joy...............eventually read about and gave a sharp tap to the gas solenoid (trace the gas pipe from the burner to the box unit) and all worked fine since then.

Remember an old car that often needed a tap to the solenoid to get the starter motor engaged.Don't know if it's the same process but it worked for us.

Archived