sat nav with autoroute2004

Guest tom

Guest tom
Has anyone used this setup with a laptop if so how good is it? have used it for normal route plannig,what gps module do you use? any info would be most helpful.

Guest vic
Hello Tom I along with a couple of friends have bought the Navman 510. In January this year it worked fine in Spain. I went down to Chateauneuf du pape in France and it was spot on. It is easily transfered from one car to the next and workes well in my coachbuilt motorhome. I think at the moment Halfords is doing one with inclusive european maps down to street level for £500. Sounds a lot but my mates and I are well happy.

Guest Keith D
Hi Tom I think you will need Autoroute 2005 for the GPS. We use it with an aging P11 laptop and the Navman 110 USB receiver. Got mine in New York for $100, it did come with a complete set of maps for America as well but the Autoroute standard set works well for the UK and Continent. Been using it for about a year now and not missed a beat. It even rotates the map and keeps the position centered so the boss finds it easy when we travel south. Maps are good for France, Belgium, Holland,Luxenburg and Germany. Thats as far as we have been so far.

Guest Will Redfearn, Wirral Motorhome Club
Does your Autoroute maps of N.America include Canada. I am planning an expedition with some Explorer Scouts next year to Canada and have been trying to get mapsystems for satnav use. Do you want to sell?

Guest martin
I have a Garmin handheld as a data source linked to my laptop - we used Route 66 and Garmin to begin with - Garmin is far too basic. Route 66 is far better at planning routes 'off-line' and making decisions ... however, I recently changed to 'Navigator 4' which at £50, entry level, for 17 countries to street level and with'digital dorothy' telling you exactly where to go and big clear instantly updating maps I'd recommend it to anyone! Simply type in where you want to go and it gets you there ... and if you hit a french "deviation" it doesn't bat an eye and instantly tells you you're lost and recalculates. See: www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk for details.

Archived