satellite navagation system

Guest Frank

Hi All I need to get a sat.navigation system to use in a motorhome. I havent an idea what type of system I should get.I know there is a company called Garmin that do them here in Ireland.A friend says I should get a PDA .I will need an external reveiver because the overhead luton would block the signal.I DONT KNOW anything about nav.systems so any help would be realy appreciated. rgds Frank

Guest David Powell
I have a PDA. Sat.Nav. an Acer from comet £250 It works fine without an External Receiver. I bought it following advice given me on this Forum, so if you search old postings you will be able to read all the advice I was given by our own experts.

Guest Brian M. Leahy
I found that the following web pages that offer a forum on the subject very helpfull. www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk www.pocketgps.co.uk

Guest peter lambert
I bought a Garmin Quest to use in the Motorhome. It can be moved between vehicles easily, and also used for walking round towns/ cities and cycling. It costs about £320 complete with all the mapping for the whole of Europe. Its very easy to use, and gives a running commentary when approaching junctions etc. Garmin have other units, but some cannot be moved between vehicles.

Archived