shower tray repair

rooster63

Have got 2 or 3 hair line cracks in the floor of the shower tray. The dealer has agreed to pay for a company to come out and apply a new sealant/coating to repair the tray.

Has anybody any experience of having that type of work done? The repairer has assure me that it will do the job albeit with a slightly textured finish. There is no easy way to replace the shower tray as it is sealed in and also is not a square shape (sort of rhombus shape) so not sure if it will be easy to source.

I had a crack in the shower tray on a Autocruise Starfire I got a copy a brand new replacement tray from ( caravanpanels.com) I think they are based in Preston the replacements are fibreglass replacements the as the original but stronger.

I took out my bathroom and toilet and walls removed the tray and fitted new unit.

Two dealers I asked did not want to do the work no guarantee off damage and time consuming job.

I wanted to know why it had happened and any damage under the floor and reasons.

It was insufficient support on that area because the unit has two different floor heights from toilet to shower area but all one floor panel once remove i planed wood to size and fitted as required for support.

I took my time and no damage you would not know.

Brian

Archived