sky satellite

Guest ian

Recording Sky TV on VHS(7) — ian — 26/01/2006 22:02:14 2nd subscription. You can subscribe to sky for a second subscription ( exactly the same package as your main subscription ) for only £10.00 per month. You will need another sky box ( ebay is cheap) this enables you to leave one box at home if you go away and take the other with you ( useful if there are people left at home when you go away ). NOTE:- you ARE supposed to have both boxes connected to the same telephone line ( when you subscribe for the 2nd subscription your 12 month contract restarts with sky ). Great cheap way of not having to keep pulling the cables out of the telly at home. If you want to keep a telephone line installed in the 2nd box at home simply put a double adaptor on the telephone line and leave the box behind the telly until you need it. Satellite is the way forward for all motorhomes, now channel 1,2,3,4 & 5 are on you get perfect picture all the time every time, wether at home or abroad. I've never understood the people who buy televisions because they are able to pick up French, Spanish, Portugese television etc, WHAT FOR... i cant understand the language!!

Guest nei l whiting
hi i am interested in why you pay £10.00 a month for channels 1,2,3,4,5, when you can get them with a one off payment of £20.00 from sky

Like Neil we dont pay for Channels 1,2,3,4,5,6, we alsoget Travel channel Several BBC local chanels No telephone and no fee We could take it with us when we go away But prefer to get the local stations with local weather & news You can understand most news programs If in real ned we have the laptop where I can get UK programs & news on the web

The reason i pay £10.00 per month is so i have my full SKY programming including sports package etc that i can watch where ever in europe i am. Technology is marvellous when i can sit in Portugal in my motorhome & discuss with my son on the mobile phone who is in Wolverhampton the goal we both watched simultaneously by satellite happening in Manchester. The world is getting a smaller place, satellite is making this happen, but it will be such a shame if everyone gets satellite because there is nothing better than seeing people struggling with the status aerial or pole strapped to the ladder of the motorhome , keep peering through the window to see if the grainy , speckled picture gets better if they " just turn it that tad further.... oops too far, go back a bit, it was better before" !!!

Neil All BBC channels are now free to air via satellite and NO CARD IS REQUIRED – last year the BBC broke its connection with Sky/Murdoch and all channels are now radiated from a different satellite with a much reduced footprint to get round the copyright issue (foreigners getting the BBC free!). Payment is simply for independent channels still encoded.

This may sound like I'm thick but I'm not good with this sky/tv/computer stuff! What do I need to buy to be able to get TV channels 1-5 in my motorhome whilest in Europe? I'm not too happy at having to pay a monthly subscription for anything, would rather make a one off payment if possible. I'm thinking of buying one of these new flat screen 12/240 volt tv's that are available now. The wife spotted one with DVD player in the screen at £600'ish that she liked the look of. Thanks Bob.

Archived