skylight cracked?

yorkyram1

Hi, I wonder if anyone can advise me on a problem i have with a Chausson Allegro front panoramic skylight. I had to have the top layer re=sealed last year but now the inner layer has started cracking.It has about 3 or 4 starting in the corners and are about 6-8 inches long. I have had them professionally sealed with a rubber solution to stop them getting any worse but it looks terrible as you can imagine..can anyone advise on where i could take it to have a new one put in please?..iv'e been told it won't be cheap to have done..any advise appreciated on this problem..

Cheers Yorkyram.

I'm afraid you'll have to bite the bullet and get it professionally replaced, try http://www.chaussonmotorhomes.co.uk/chausson_motorhome_spares.html

It's the old problem of trying to save money and ending up having to do what you needed to do in the first place.

I'm always doing it.

(Same for your other query, although leisure spares have a repair manual,)

Hi, It's a problem that started with just the one small crack but then obvious;y got larger with other cracks following on..i only had it sealed on advise as to stopping condensation happening..could you say who has done yours in the past and are they really expensive to replace?

Regards, Yorkyram.

Hi

Just had my Remis Vario 700x500 replaced on my Chausson after it blew of in the recent high winds ( it hadn't been closing properly for some time) for £504 inc fitting and vat.

The replacement unit was readily available but the dome lid was a 2 month wait so had o bite the bullet and replace the whole.

I see you also posted about the blind being broken, if it is on the same skylight then that is replaced at the same time.

Archived