skylight doing a flyer

charleydog

during some very strong winds the overcab skylight which was left a bit open,took off and landed five metres in front of the cab on soft grass,Amazingly it or the locking handles were undamaged, but the sliding support arms which hold it open in stages parted company with themselves,and on replacing the skylight would not operate as they should as the locking in the opening position mechanism is missing/damaged.Sort of got away with it.as it is watertight and o.k when closed,NOW....the bit on the glass is held by screws so easy but the bit attached to the frame/roof is a rubber bit fixed to the frame/roof.Does anyone know how to detach this bit., so i can source a pair of replacement supports.Sorry to be long-winded ,but it seemed a hard explanation . Thaks anyone charleydog (formerly Tazdog)

Keith, thanks for a swift reply It's a chausson 630 coach built 2017.Ihave seen what i think i need on line,but not sure if the frame /roof fixing would be right.But as only two options are available at £20 odd a pair it would not be tragic if not suitable.Iwould not consider my dealer. as i have already had major hassle over locker handles, moving on , a rubber section is riveted to the frame and the arm is fixed to the rubber.so there must be a way of detaching/attaching to this, Anyway,I will need another pair of hands and a windless day for any repair.as awkward it will be. :-D the roof is either a Remis or polyplastic make

If you look carefully around the rooflight, particularly at any of the fritting on the transparent skins, you should see a manufacturer's name - possibly near a "CE" symbol - and even a model code/number. With the rooflight closed, the relevant information may be concealed, so you may need to open it to find what you need. The attached picture shows the maker's mark on a Poly Plastic rooflight.

Makers-stamp-reduced.thumb.jpg.1572882128618c35e392ffe25bb4479a.jpg

If it’s any help, the over-cab rooflight of my (French-built) Rapido motorhome is a Polyplastic product.

The Rapido’s rooflight has a latch and a sliding/locking support on each side, and there are three latches on its rear edge with the manufacturer’s identifier located immediately above the centre one of those three latches.

As the writing on the identification label is ‘back to front’ and the latch partially obscures the label, it takes a little effort to decipher - but it definitely says “polyplastic” on the Rapido’s rooflight.

Send some photos and info' to the peeps below.......

==============================================

"Wegotone"

Excellent service from The Caravan Centre Blaenavon.

https://www.caravanbreakers.net/

They sent me a new (nos) window plus all the fittings for it and it's on.

Bostin

-----

'05 Ducato/Autotrail Cheyenne 635SE

======================================================

Thanks all , When the weather allows i will get serious with the fix, and identifying the fitting. When i retired twenty-odd years ago i knew i would need something to fill the healthy stress gap. Owning several motorhomes in those years has filled that need to perfection! :-D

Archived