sog toilet kit

David

Guest Rowley
It was quite easy on my motorhome. The only thing that gave me a problem was that the instructions were for a left handed door and mine was hinged on the right! Well worth fitting.

Guest William R Dunstone
The job is quite straightforward if you think twice and cut once. The only fiddly bit is the fitting of the micro-switch.

The whole thing is very straightforward. BUT . . . The system does keep the bathroom smell-free by sucking air into the cassette tank. But, in the absence of masking chemicals, the emptying process is somewhat smelly. And solid solids break down only very slowly, if you see what I mean. So it's not the panacea that you might have been led to expect.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest William R Dunstone
Hi, An interesting couple of responses. Only one actually answering Dave's question. I am on my 2nd and although I accept it is a bit expensive IMHO it solves the main problems - emptying was never a particularly pleasant experience. I shut my eyes and think of England. The Pongo I would think takes a £1,000 off the value of the 'van (unless it is removed first!) and doesn't do the trick.

Well, Bill you are wrong, Pomgo works just fine. Ask others who we see regularly at shows who will confirm. Residual value only matters if you consider motorhomes as a short term investment. I tend to run vehicles for 12 - 15 years and do my own servicing. Just sold my 200 TDI Discovery after 14 years and the garage mechanic who bought it was chuffed with its condition. Yes, I had removed all my special features first (as I wanted them for the next vehicle) but I think you must be one of those who changes a vehicle when the MOT is due and puts up with what the manufacturers supply. For me half the fun is doing mods and improvements that specifically suit us. Horses for courses. Motorcaravanners are a very mixed bunch you know! Enjoy

Guest William R Dunstone
Clive, I am sorry if I touched a soft spot - the value thing was intended to be a light-hearted remark because of it's obviously rough looks. By the way I average about 5 years with my 'vans - and I haven't sold my 11 year old Disco. yet. I get my servicing done by a local firm of agricultural engineers - because I trust them and I am physically not able to do it any more. Although what any of that has got to do with fitting a SOG I don't know. Now to come to Pongo - the reason I said it doesn't do the trick is because of your caution at the end of the write-up - you have to "let things settle on a trip before using". One of the greatest benefits of the SOG is that of the immediacy of being able to use it - at times I can't wait and the substantial air flow in through the valve aperture!! Finally as I said none of that helps the initial questioner.

Hello William, Me brissle? never! Pongo has worked out to be quite usefull contrary to my wife,s expectations. I have made a rubber manifild to duct the fan intake directly to the vented tank outlet pipe. Yes this bit looks a bit rough as it was knocked up in a morning using available junk in the garage. Thankfully I am still quite able to do things for myself but do understand your frustrations as I saw my father-in-law suffer terribly having contracted senile epilepsy and saying "good-bye" to his driving license and VW camper all in one go. Eventually he gave up wanting to live and passed away. But I still have the original cap for the thetford and its easy to replace the panel in the external loo door if necessary. The only rough bit is the bent shrink tubing which is all crinkled. If I come across a moulded rubber pipe somewhere I will replace it. The special copper fitting I brazed together using Oxy Acetelene. But I have to play! Its fun. All the best. Now, what was the original question?

I had to read the original question again! Answer - not difficult just a bit fiddly. If you cannot use your hands very well due to artheritis and your eyes are not what they were then get someone else to fit it for you. Regards

Archived