sorry lads i am back, it,s been a long time

Fesspark2

I notice that your forum Profile includes a ‘personal’ email address - though I don’t know if this is the one that got ‘stolen’ or your new address.

Either way, it’s generally recommended that (to minimise the risk of an email account being hacked) forum members do NOT include a personal email address in their Profile, nor provide that type of address in their postings.

It’s safer to use the forum’s PM system and provide an email address there. But - if an address MUST be included in a Profile or stated within a posting - use a ‘disposable’ address (eg. a GMAIL address) that, if compromised, won’t cause much harm.

There is a website called "Have I been PWMed" which will tell you if ay of your email addresses have been put in jeopardy by other websites being hacked. One of mine was a victim some years ago and the site hacked was searchforsites, a motorhome site finder.

Needless to say that I never use that email for anything of any importance now and regularly change passwords.

I’m not sure why your stopping using a specific email address has caused you to register on the O&AL forums using a different user-name (“Fesspark2” now instead of “fesspark” previously).

You were participating here using “fesspark” up to 1 September 2021. The Profile relating to that user-name’s forum account does not carry an email address (though you could have added one if you had so wished) and still looks perfectly valid and usable (assuming you can remember your login password, of course).

Just curious...

Archived