stinky waste

baden87

I do the same.

Using hot water and washing up liquid first to break down any fatty deposits. Bleach tends not to clean out fatty residues.

Then.

Using a whole bottle of nice smelling bleach down all plug holes diluted, with a 3/4 of water full in the waste tank and take it for a run to shake it up a bit.

Then using the hose I rinse all plug holes with plenty of water.

I tend not to Wait till it pongs, but do it regularly.

On top of this I tend to wash up in a bucket outside our MH and when using the sink I wipe all excessive food off the plates Ect first.

baden87 - 2019-04-15 9:15 PM

Didn’t realise motorhomes had bends in the system, I’ll take a closer look next weekend , and I have bought some sink buster thingymebob to try

AT's don't generally have 'U' bends in the household sense of plumbing but do use convoluted flexible tubing which has a habit of catching any debris or grease, etc washed down the plug hole.

I added smell traps bought from CAK tanks when we first got our MH but also we have a rule never to tip any tea or coffee dregs or anything else containing milk down the plug holes and always wash up in a bowl and then transfer to a bucket for disposal. This method has served us well for over ten years now without ever getting a smell from the plug holes.

Keith.

Thanks for that I’ll have to get to the connection that connects to the strainer in the sink ,but it’s behind the fridge , and there is some kind of boardseperating fridge / sink , I guess this is to stop fumes and co2 getting in the living space ??

I'd have a look at seeing whether you can fit traps or U bends. Another option is to put drain cleaner down the pipes to try and flush some of the debris out. As has been said; those concertina pipes can hold some crud.

Also, toilet blue is in my opinion far better than bleach to keep smells down.

Archived