tax rebate

charleydog

changed vehicle 7thSep.Posted the required portion of log off to d.v.l.c on 8th Sep. Waited six weeks before enquiring why no rebate (five months worth) and was told that I was still the reg.owner of the van I traded in with s.m.c Newark So after giving all the details via email to the d.v.l.c I now have to write to them with the details again to get the rebate.Where is the v5 section gone,has s.m.c failed with their paperwork? Not happy still being the reg. owner of a van that could be anywhere.

At the moment any process that involves ‘postal’ communication with the DVLA may take an inordinate amount of time to complete.

I note that there’s an on-line procedure that can be used when a vehicle is sold

https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

and using that SHOULD be the best way to proceed when a motorhome is sold to a dealership.

Plainly too late in your case and, realistically, there’s no way of knowing if the delay is due to the Royal Mail, the DVLA or SMC Newark.

(Some years ago my wife applied on-line to renew her driving-licence. Time passed and - after the specified several weeks ‘waiting period’ had ended - she phoned the DVLA to be told “Our records indicate that the new licence was issued the day after you applied, but we’ll just reissue it". The replacement licence arrived within 48 hours.)

Archived