travelling back to the UK with a dog after October 31st

HarveyHeaven

Presumably the advice will be the same as given to us when we left UK before the April “deadline”, the worm treatment should be entered by a vet on the passport. This was from DEFRA by email.

If in any doubt, email DEFRA, they know the up to date info.

Edit

Have just checked the site suggested by Derek and it doesn’t mention specifically where the worm treatment should be recorded but the above is what I was told, ie on the passport.

HarveyHeaven - 2019-08-27 1:13 PMAnyone else doing this? We're off to Germany until November 18th. Our dog haas a passport and an up to date rabies certificate and confirmation blood test. we're hoping to return without problems. she will, of course, as usual have the worm pill within 5 days of our return.

We've done the same as you, recently returned from Germany after touring around for 6 weeks.

I'm sure that you're aware with regards to the worming tablet. 

We almost fell foul of the law at Rotterdam port, as they interpreted the 5 day rule, slightly differently.

They said that the 5 day rule must also include the actual date and time of arrival in the UK, working it out from the date and time that the German vet put into our dog passport.

I'm told by vets that the existing rule may change, in that you may have to go to a specific DEFRA centre - like the ones used for exporting animals, rather than just the port of your departure, well that's my understanding of the situation.

Archived