travelling with a cat

Pat

Has anyone any information on travelling with a cat for extended periods of time? I remember seeing a motorhome at the East of England with a dog and a cat. The cat was on a harness and long line attached to the camper and seemed quite happy. We are planning a year long trip prior to a, hopefully, more permanent move and are taking our two dogs with us. Pet passports are in hand for all three pets but we are worried about the practicalities of keeping the cat safe and happy.

Guest henry
let us know how you get on with a cat and teavelling, we also have 2 dogs and are wondering what to do with our cat. we went for 3 nights and he stayed in the van over the winter. he mainly went into his bed and got a bit grumpy!!! no mice! regards henry

Hi Pat---We have a black 5 year old pusscat and he has been all over the place. Scotland,Ireland,I.O.W France and he loves it. Off we go again in May to the South of France (Provence) he is a wine buff. We may be able to give you some advice, it may help. Send us an e-mail and if you like with your phone number. It may help. Bye

Guest Pat Price (Mrs)
Thank you for your reply. Your cat sounds lovely a bit like Dick Whitttington's. any advice would be appreciated. How do you stop him jumping out of the van? Does he get out when you get to a site? If so is he restrained in any way - on a lead for example. do you have litter trays? If so where do you put them? Is he ok with using a litter tray while you are moving? Does he get stressed at all? Sorry for all the questions - hope you don't mind. Regards Pat

Hello Pat If you care to e-mail us on vicwo@ntlworld.com my partner or myself will contact you and give as much info as we can. Cat people need to stick together. Take care

Archived