tv in Alicanti area spain

fesspark

I think your standard dish will only pick up sky news. Alicante is a little too far east for anything else, and I think that even a sky or a humax box connected to your dish probably won't receive anything either.

We have our house in Spain in the Mojacar area and have a 1.9m dish to get sky, our MH with its 85cm dish won't get anything telly wise other than sky news. We have now fitted a MiFi unit with a 500gb vodafone sim and that works well.

That said, we were in Jaca area last week and picked up all the channels on our MH dish.

fesspark - 2019-12-16 4:51 PM

I have forgotten if it is required to have a sky box or ordinary box in Spain, I know before they moved the satellite, either would do, I do not want to take both if I do not need to ?,only have a roof fitted dish fesspark

The UK TV satellites have not moved, they are in the same location since digital started back in 1998.

Any satellite receiver will work.

But what you receive will depend on where exactly you are and your dish size.

Many sky pay channels, and a fair number of free channels, are on the "european beam" and can be received in the Alicante area of Spain on a 80cm ish dish.

Channels like BBC ITV C4 Five, and a few Sky pay channels, that are on the harder to receive UK beam need a larger dish, like a 1m or 110cm...

So it would basically boil down to if you have a sky subscription and wish to receive the majority of Sky pay channels...

Archived