wanted motorhome

Guest pam hancox

Guest pam hancox
hi does any one know of a motorhome for sale in a damaged condition either damp or body damage all ages considered tried all internet links and nothing out there, seem to miss all the adverts too!

Guest David Powell
Hi Pam..still searching I see..but with no luck. If you are skilled enough to repair one, have you thought of doing your own conversion with a suitable van? sometimes starting from scratch can be easier than repairing, and you can use it while still building. I'm not very clever and we did our own many many years ago, in a 1942, 3 litre Austin 11,000 miles [long bonnet, big headlamps, modern at the time] fire brigade mobile canteen, primative...big chrome tea urns primus stoves etc. EX Green Goddess fleet. We put in windows, beds, gas hob/grill etc improving things as we went along. I think we paid £40 for it, and about £100 on the conversion. At todays prices you may get by on about £5,000, and it will be all yours just as you like it, with no one elses dust mites creeping around. P.S. it is still going strong on the I.O.W. kept for ancient vehicle & steam shows.(like me)

Guest Derek Uzzell
I noticed a 1995 Autohomes Explorer advertised in MMM Feb 2005 on page 304 (right edge, 2nd advert down)? £5500 seems a very reasonable asking-price to me unless the damp problems are disastrously bad. Though, in view of your last statement, perhaps you've already tried this one.

Guest PAM HANCOX
THANKS EVERYONE, FOR REPLIES, YES I SAW THE MOTORHOME IN MMM FEB ISSUE AND PHONED BUT IT HAD GONE, ONLY GOOD THING IS IT HAS MADE ME SUBSCRIBE TO MMM SO I NOW GET ISSUES EARLIER!!! SOUNDED IDEAL, HAVE ALSO TRIED E BAY BUT NOTHING WORTH WHILE HAVE EVEN BEEN AUCTIONS THE PRICES WERE THROUGH THE ROOF, £11,000 FOR A VERY BAD M REG REG WITH MECHANICAL PROBLEMS, HUBBY IS CONSIDERING SELF BUILD, ANYWAY PLEASE KEEP LOOKING AND AGAIN THANKS

Archived