warranty in this virus time?

fesspark

I have just had my 2018 Burstner ixeo 680g serviced inc hab service and as the vehicle was registered on the 22/5/18. I presumed because the dealer was closed from March to today as far as I am concerned my warranty should have been extended. The company I purchased the van from seem to think that the warranty has run out but as they could not do the servicing at the time it was due where do I stand legally as they say I might have to pay for some of the work to be done that they found servicing it? fesspark

As I see the situation it was a government order to close down and when the government order states open again that is when your contract continues.

Contact the service agent and state you are following the government guidelines. There is no option.

I'm lucky in that I've been able to get my servicing/inspections arranged to meet the standard required dates.

Just a word of warning, though; the phrasing from various converters is less than clear.

I'm not convinced most of them have agreed to extend the warranty, simply a one-off extension to the length of the normally-required intervals for any inspection required to keep any warranty intact. (i.e. my interpretation of what is written is that a 5--year warranty, for example, would remain a 5-year warranty, but any annual inspection required to maintain that 5-years that fell within the lockdown would be allowed to be carried out in a reasonable timescale - possibly defined in weeks/months - after the real due date).

Clarification would have to be sought from individual converters, and, as I say, it is currently immaterial to me, so I haven't ;-).

As for the OP, I guess that the inspection/habitation check found items that should be covered under a two-year warranty that has now expired. If my interpretation above is correct, then the situation is quite unclear. However, if there was no opportunity to have the inspection done by the due date, and particularly if it was originally booked in the lockdown period and then moved, I'd be putting quite a bit of pressure on the dealer to chase Burstner for a warranty repair (under goodwill terms if not warranty extension).

Robinhood - 2020-07-04 11:57 AM...………….. However, if there was no opportunity to have the inspection done by the due date, and particularly if it was originally booked in the lockdown period and then moved, I'd be putting quite a bit of pressure on the dealer to chase Burstner for a warranty repair (under goodwill terms if not warranty extension).

Strongly agree. After all, what's to lose? We seem only to be talking about a matter of weeks. Under the circumstances, the dealer should be prepared and able to persuade Burstner on your behalf.

Archived