weighbridges

Guest phil

how do you find your nearest weighbridge. tried yellow pages and the web.we are on a restricted license,ie 3500kg. with a mobility scooter on the back I am concerned about back axle overload. reagrds phil

Guest Roy Hamilton
Contact your local Council Trading Standards Department they should know. They have to go every now and then to test the accuracy.

Have tried just punching in weighbridge or weighbridge public in the internet and behold weighbridge sights in Derbyshire,Kent,Norfolk,etc,etc,come up ok.They seem to come up under:- www.county.gov.uk/business/standards/weighbridges or similar But try up here in Scotland and only one listed is in Eyemouth.I know of one closer however. Interesting discovery.. Gordon.

Gordon, I did the same and got weighbridges everywhere but lancashire.maybe if we get stopped I'll just tell them we are of to our nearest weighbridge in Scotland or Devon. regards phil

Guest Rowan Lee
I tried my local trading standards (Lincolnshire) - they gave me two, one of which has been closed for ten years, the other was Boston Docks who said no way were they a public weighbridge and they were sick of people turning up. I rang the Council again but they were of no further help. I finally found one by following a roadsign I happened to see as I was passing, but this doesn't always work as there are still roadsigns up for the closed ten years one and another which has also obviously been closed for some time. It is very frustrating.

If anyone is interested there is a weighbridge close to junction 27 of the M62. From the Gildersome J27 Roundabout turn towards Morley and its on the left just past the Ambulance Station. Its run by West Yorkshire Trading Standards, and weighs each axle as you drive over it. Also the best part is its Free, so if you are not too sure that you have done it correctly you can have another try.

if you are in the reading area,courage brewery just of M4 J11 is the place to go.available weekends as well.was £9 when i had mine weighed.

Guest mick wright
i have found that quite a few scrap metal dealers will undertake this duty as they need weighbridges for their operations,but you might not always be issued with a printed ticket. mike

Archived