wild camping

Guest alex

Hi We are just about to take delivery of our first motorhome and intend to tourr mainly uk. Could someone explain to me what is "wild camping" that i have read about Thanks

Guest Jules
I know of this from camping and it is something we look forward to once we get our motorhome. It is finding a place to stay away from commercial campsites. Find a place you don't want to leave with wonderful scenery and ask the landowner for permission and you will find that as long as you ask and stay the right side of the landowner everything works out well. Scotland is great for wild camping and has the stunning views, when we use to mountain bike and tour with the tent and bikes we saw lots of wild camping but a bike can really get well off road. Its hard to do this in a tent unless there is a good run of great weather, it does not last long because services like showers and loo's and laundry make a camping walking holiday more enjoyable. Enjoy your new motorhome and wild camping. Jules

you could try http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/ and then try France and their system of Aires, much more civilised than England

Archived