Boat and Caravan Show

Administrator

Boat and Caravan Show  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yes, have attended,and found it quite good, and surprisingly busy, though not too sure how many actual orders being taken.

Lots of very big motorhomes, not too many compact - in my view that means around 18ft long and max 7 ft wide.....and without that permanent bed, whichc again a personla opinion it taking anb extra 6ft of 'dead space' rather than living space!

Nothing really new though, and whilst we would ideally go for the compact (as per my description) shall ratin our present Burstner, for at least another couple of years unless anything startling and affordable comes along.....

useful visit,and always interesting to see whats around, plus the accessories.

We went to the show yesterday as we had won some tickets and offered a lift otherwise would not of bothered. Gained the distinct feeling from comments of smaller stallholders that with large increases in stall rents a number of shows both indoors and some outdoors are no longer financially viable for them. I hope rent increases( blamed on the cost of health and safety requirements ! ) do not lead to only the big players showing as not everyone attending is in the market for a new van !

We attended on Friday.  Lots of lovely M/Hs and they seem to have tweeked the layouts for the better on the 2010s.  We were disappointed at the lack of smaller stalls, accessories, etc.  Now we just have to wait for 12 months or so until the 2010 models are starting to show up on the used market!

Onecall VW - we had a quick look at the IH stuff and soon moved on - what a price they are! I could easily buy a house for the price of them! 8-)

We have been 'browsing' for a replacement for our 'van for a while now but nothing had taken our fancy, and it had to be just right to make us part with our slightly too large, but otherwise, very good, home on wheels which has served us well. Well, we found what we were looking for, at a price we are willing to pay for what we are getting - a Ford based Chausson Flash 04. Very similar layout to our current van but the kitchen run is shorter, a bit narrower wardrobe, half a dinette, rather than our full one, so the cab seats need to be used (which is exaclty what we wanted as this keeps the length down), and a 'beam me up Scotty' shower rather than the separate one we have now. We knew the layout worked for us form our current van, but we just needed to find the right 'design' in a shorter van, which we have. So, out came the wallet (unfortunately the pet moths got away!) and a deposit was paid.

Just waiting now for our new 'baby' to arrive ... :D

Pictures below show the Sailer and the Chausson:

603074347_Rimorsailer645tc.jpg.9ea492ce0ccb03c6d46e1fde97a824d6.jpg

1780570868_ChaussonFlash04.jpg.54a529995a629f7b681865b681c61532.jpg

Well done Mel,

May I wish you many happy years of motoring. Yes they make look at first a little dear, but feel the quality ,and above all talk to the staff and present owners, Great to see someone local taking on the big boys,

Again Mel congrats,

Regards,

Brendan

Mel B - 2010-03-09 9:17 PM

Thanks Brendan ... I'll let you know whether our new baby is a 'boy' or a 'girl' when we get it .... is there a particular way to tell on vehicles? 8-) :$

Is it something to do with the waste pipe configuration ? :D :D

We went to the show on the Saturday. We headed straight for the Adria stand (we have an Adiva 552PH) and were keen to see the latest version of our beauty.

Well what a shock! We were greeted by a salesman who told us that were only two Adivas left. One 552PH and one 552LT. WOW.

Apparently the Adiva is to be withdrawn at the end of 2010 but no word yet on the replacement.

However, let me tell the salesman a secret! There are plenty of Adivas of both layout available so keep your amateur impression of pressure sales to yourself!

Archived