Easter break

Administrator

Easter break  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Tracker
Won't decide untill Weds or Thurs depending on the weather outlook and if we go we will possibly go to a CCC or MCC rally where no advance booking is needed and a free and easy style is the order of the day - and the site fees are sensible!

No too busy and expensive over the holiday weekend so will go out this weekend and return the following Thursday or Friday. Why would anyone in their right mind, who doesn't have childrens holidays to consider, spend for instance £175 for the four days of easter when for the four days from Monday to Thursday costs £32 at the same location on the same pitch?

Bas

I am running a five night rally in the New Forest.

A mix of 78 motorhomes and caravans.

All the usual Easter fun. Hot cross buns, Easter Eggs delivered by the white rabbit. Easter egg hunt in the forest for the kids. Pooh stick racing, walks and bike rides.

Happy Easter

Guest Tracker
JohnP - 2010-03-25 5:05 PM

I am running a five night rally in the New Forest.

A mix of 78 motorhomes and caravans.

All the usual Easter fun. Hot cross buns, Easter Eggs delivered by the white rabbit. Easter egg hunt in the forest for the kids. Pooh stick racing, walks and bike rides.

Happy Easter

Which Club? How much? Location? Bookable? Vacancies?

Have a great weekend and good luck - but it's a tad too far for us!

I left it too late to get on my preferred CC site. I've booked onto a small farm in the welsh village of Llangenny (near Abergavenny). It's a beautiful spot alongside a fast flowing river. The pub is right opposite the farm gate, so I'll cook a 'christian' sized breakfast in the motorhome and dine at the pub in the evening. I'll take the motorbike, leave the motorhome on site and go off for the day where the fancy takes me.

I gather that I shall be sharing the field with a group of scouts for the duration. As long as there's none of that 'ging gang ghoulie' nonsense in the early hours, we'll rub along fine.

Guest Tracker
JohnP - 2010-03-25 7:29 PM

Hi Tracker

About £9.00 per night with CC on the New Forest Showground. Sorry no vacancies.

So much for welcoming, flexible, low cost casual holidaying - exactly why the CCC and MCC rallies are better in my humble view!

Anyway, well done for all your efforts and I'm not criticising you personally so best wishes for a good weekend and I hope the sun shines for you!

Planning on doing what we did last year, tootle 20 miles to Withernsea on the East Yorkshire coast then gradually make our way along it in a northerly direction, to Hornsea, Bridlington, Filey, probably ending up at Scarborough or Flamborough Head. We'll wild camp at places we know that don't bother anyone of course and avoiding the ones near churches ... made that mistake a couple of times ... not again!!! 8-)

Of course is the weather is horrendous it'll be a case of stay at home and just have the odd day trip instead. :-S

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2010-03-26 9:03 PM

just have the odd day trip instead. :-S

I can well imagine that any day trip with you would be odd Mel!

Sory - too good to resist - have a good weekend whatever oddity you get up to!

yes, booked about 12 nights at Abbey Wood,London site,one of your regualrs/favourites,although only an hour and half drive for us. Shame it comes at 'peak' prices this time, and looks as though the proposed rail strike might affect the normal ease of getting to and from central London ..might have to work out the bus routes instead (at least that would be free for me!!). Hopefully common sensem- if there's any left -will prevail, and those who pay their wages (yes,you and me!!) won't be inconvenienced.

Taking in a couple of concerts/ theatres, and hopefully quite a bit of walking - last time we were there was just before Christmas, and it was more like skating (especially on the site) than walking, so at the very least should be a bit warmer this time.

Tracker - 2010-03-27 8:15 AM

Mel B - 2010-03-26 9:03 PM

just have the odd day trip instead. :-S

I can well imagine that any day trip with you would be odd Mel!

Sory - too good to resist - have a good weekend whatever oddity you get up to!

:D

I like odd ... the odder the better! Must be why I like this forum with all of it's 'oddities'!!! :-> (lol)

Tracker - 2010-03-25 11:41 AM

and the site fees are sensible!

We are off for the Easter Break too.

1st choice was a CCC rally in Whitby - but the fuel costs decided us against it.

2nd choice was a CCC rally in Mablethorpe, but site fees were NOT sensible - £7.50pp, pun, and I think that £15 a night to park up in a school playing field is way over the top! OK so there is use of the hall and entertainment, mais trop cher pour nous.

3rd choice and booked, a 5 van site in Trusthorpe (just south of Mablethorpe) at £5 a night - job done.

Ok the weather is going to be less than perfect!!! but we and our friends will have a good time.

Just got back from a nice easter break down in Taunton.

Thursday was ok, friday just rained but managed some walks with the doggies. Saturday cheered up a bit, then sunday & monday it was dry. So all in all an enjoyable break away from the hustle & bustle of work.

Thai

Saturday No1 son and I hit Eurotunnell at 12 noon underway at 13.06pm drove across to Hulgoet in Brittany arrived 22.30pm 430 miles from Calais spent Sunday looking over a property with view to possible purchase spent afternoon around Roscof then back to Hulgoet for a meal a few drinks then bed , Up with the larks departed 08.00am arrived Eurotunnel Calais 15.00 it was absolute chaos paid an extra £29 to drive straight on arrived home 18.30pm to a nice meal wiife had ready for us. And that was Easter gone in a flash £300 the lighter.

We were booked on a CL in the Forest of Bowland until the owner called on the Wednesday before Easter to tell us the pitch was water logged and cancel all bookings.

After a frantic ring round we found a lovely CL nearby with fantastic views of Pendle Hill.

Friday's planned long walk started in rain and ended in brilliant sunshine.

Friday evening 9:00pm the leisure battery died

Battery recharging by the CL owners on the Saturday while we had another long walk in mixed weather.

Saturday 8:30pm, yep you've guessed, the leisure battery died right in the middle of a game of Carcassonne.

The battery was fine 2 weeks ago, investigations now needed. We survived the weekend with a combination of using the engine battery and torches.

On the drive home on a narrow lane we met an on coming car. We had both stopped, who was going to reverse? Then the other driver started forawrd and ran their wing mirror right along the side of the van. Frantic horn blowing by me made no difference. By the time I had leapt out the cab the other car was round the corner with no change of me getting the registration number. Fortunately it just looks like surface damage and I should be able to polish out the marks. (need to do some research on the best rubbing compound to use)

Looking forward to the May break.

Archived