Jubilee celebrations

Administrator

Guest Tracker

By getting just about as far away from the TV and organised events as is possible.

Bah humbug!!!

Sitting in Spain and ignoring it all. This is not the time to waste money the country does not have on some event that has little importance. Now if she exercised her so called perogative and got rid of some of our useless Prime Ministers, then I may have more enthusiasm.

I suspect that I am a closet republican. A president may indeed be bad (just imagine Blair) but in a democracy you can get rid of them every few years, and there are far fewer hangers on bleeding the purse dry. Of course some would argue that prsidents can often declare themselves life presidents, but they are not democracies. I would also guess that if the EU has its way then we will have a EU president that will overule us all, God Forbid.

Guest Peter James

At home doing the housework.

If the weather had been good I would have gone out to the festivities in the town.

After all, we are forced to pay for them, so we might as well see them.

By being there I would have been counted as a Royal family supporter, which I am not.

Whilst I tend to agree that there are too many hangers on, I do think that the Queen herself has been an excellent Ambassador for this country. She has devoted almost her whole life to her duty and I'm sure we are the envy of many other nations.

The other Royals, well that is another matter. Princess Anne, works hard and is down to earth, no probs there, and I think William has the makings of a good King but none of the others would get my vote.

We didn't celebrate the Jubilee as such, but did watch the river pageant on TV. Such a shame about the weather.

I started by watching the BBC presentation of the Thames Pageant.

The Pageant was the first such for 350 years, and had a wealth of historic, modern and unusual boats of great interest and a showing of the London water front/

Did the Beeb rise to the challenge of presenting when rounded production that would be watched around the world presenting the UK as a maritine nation of varing degrees ?

I have never seen such a vacuous, unskilled mediocre outside broadcast in my life.

Was whoever in charge of the production even aware of the importance of the event ?

Shame really,

Rgds

Guest pelmetman

Now getting quietly ratted whilst watching the concert.............. B-)...........

If we have anything to be proud of then its our history.......we have a lot more of it than those oikes across the pond ;-).........

Plus when it comes to enjoying the rain.......who can better the British? :D

Release your mental cell its so British :D

Guest pelmetman

Just watched Grace Jones 8-)..........scary bird.........reminds me of Tina Turnip :D

Now Ned Sherin is on...............you'd think he could afford a comb *-)

Guest pelmetman
Oh goody he's back on :-D.......yes that bloke from whatitsname :-S............but I like him B-).....

Guest pelmetman

Can you see what it is yet???..........Rolf

We saw the trailer.........................excellent :-D

Guest pelmetman
Burly Chassey on now ;-)..............she learn't to hide her bingo wings.......now for a bit of totty Kylie :->

Guest pelmetman

It's Elton Bog as my ex used to call him :-S.......................yes I never worked that out either :D

He's doing "I remember when cock was young"................maybe that's a typo :-S

Guest pelmetman

Oooh er my favourite was interrupted............2 little boys 8-)...........Oh , well...Stevie will do B-)

You have to admire his irony :D..........as he said its good to see you........He's happy with his lot B-)

Guest pelmetman
MACCA B-)........................I'm pleased to report my old TV has the volume to shake the foundations :D

Archived