New season

Administrator

New season  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Tracker

Several trips are planned - we just don't know where too yet!

I suspect they will all be somewhere between the Nordkapp and Gibraltar but we won't decide until a few weeks before we go - and even then minds have been known to be changed en route!

It's called 'freedom', I think, and it comes free with every motorhome but you do have to work out how to best use it to suit your own style!!

First trip of the year is this weekend, can't wait :-D :-D :-D

Then we've got several more weekends and our main summer trip booked already as well.

And I mustn't forget, we've also booked to go on the ATOC Factory rally again this year!

Keith.

Will probably have a few days at the end of this month, will decide in a couple of days where.

Booked in for a week at Highlands End @ Bridport mid April.

3 week down  to Pompeii in May.

Looking at Co. Mayo late August for 2 to 3  weeks.

plus all the usual stuff, days/weekends here and there.

Lifes a bitch eh!!

Dave

Week in the midlands in early March taking in Crufts and visiting family and friends; calling en-route to get the annual habitation check done.  Of course if we get a bit of decent weather in the meantime then we'll go down to Saundersfoot area or Pembrey I expect.  Then it's all systems go on the garden to get tidied up and plant a few veggies before we go off to France and/or Spain for May.  Hopefully the slugs will have left us a few bits to get a decent meal together when we get back!  Then the usual long weekends and show visits as and when the fancy takes us up until September when we will hope to get to the continent again.

Having been doing a casual lorry driving job since October and amassed nearly £5k in the holiday fund we are rearing  to go. A friend of mine since childhood has just retired and has never been to France or through the tunnel so I am taking him over there in April for a long weekend , then we will open another account as a frequent traveller with Eurotunnel and hopefully spend most of the time between May and October touring Europe as we have the last 4years  using the 5 passages as a frequent Eurotunnel traveller. 

First trip was Jan next was due to start Monday but already packed so going in the morning, Sunday, always get itchy feet and leave early costs me on the ferry every time, but whats the point if you can't spend it why have it.

Two other trips in UK booked and 6 weeks in Spain from last week in May. That's 13 weeks but I'm not counting, honest :->

In Spain until end of June and then its northwards to Scotland. Visiting friends and family enroute. We use THS (C&CC rallies) and hope to do some in Cumbria till the end of the summer and then its back to Spain.

Its a great life if you don't weaken. :-> :->

Just back from first week away, Costa Del Barton on Sea and Milford on Sea with a walk to the bright lights and flesh pots of Lymington - well OK the chippy restuarant in the high street with the winter 2 main courses for the price of one deal... and the lights were bright.....probably 'cos the rain clouds were so dark.

Stuck to the coast as The New Forest was flooded everywhere we looked on the way down. Wonderful walks 'though, especially round Hurst castle with views to IOW, Needles and Yarmouth. Incredible variety of birdlife was resident at the nature reserve along the coast between Milford and Lymington.

Currently looking through past threads for ideas for the next trip.

Bob

Guest pelmetman

We've had 3 weeks so far this year in Spain and France.

Just booked France again for a couple of weeks in summer.

Also booked up for a Ukelele Festival in Suffolk which we go to each year with friends then carrying onto Norfolk making up the fortnight.

Always pop down to Dorset several times throughout the year. Quite sure there will be more trips away but haven't decided where yet often its just a matter of watching the weather and going off here and there for long weekends.

One advantage of running our own business we can have lots of time away:D

Sue

Spent last weekend at a private campsite just outside of Wells, Somerset. Walking distance to the city (small but it does have a Cathedral), it is also within walking distance of 'Wookey Hole'.

Will probably spend a few more 'short notice' weekend trips away between now and end of May when we are booked on CC Site at St Davids (Wales). We are away at Easter but not in the Motorhome.

I have just made the final arrangments with campsites in Bavaria for our usual 4 week summer trip.

Probably a lot more 'In-between' trips as well, it's simply a case of 'Use it or Polish it' and I don't like polishing it that often :-D

Am I allowed to vote as we have a caravan?

However, we are booked to leave the end of April, heading for the south of Spain for 3 months. After thta it will probably be 'pot luck' around parts of the UK, which if the summer is anything like the last few, will probably be cut short and a cheapie to the Costa's will be requested from the travel agent. But you never know, it could be a scorcher we must be due one sometime.

No date yet but hopefully, before the end of March we will be on our way to Portugal via France & Spain. Went for 10 weeks the last time, about the same this time. After that would like to go back to tour Scotland and anywhere else we fancy. Already had 2 long weekends this year our season is......2011

barbarian

Archived