You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Your Views
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 Last
Format:  Go
OptionResults
Leave the EU 127 Votes - [66.49%]

Remain in the EU 64 Votes - [33.51%]

The EU vote
AuthorMessage
userpelmetman
Posted: 3 April 2016 1:36 PM
Subject: RE: The EU vote

Walks with the gods

pkc - 2016-04-03 10:56 AM

Self serving. Well I think all states are guilty of that charge Dave,
Pounds gone down again, are you up to something else that your not telling us about?

Very true ........But its more than apparent Billy No Mates Britain has very few allies ......

Just look at the deal Cameron won from the EU......a whole lot of nothing dressed up as something ......

We'll never be a productive member of the EU super state, and they only tolerate us for the 55 million a day we pour into the EU gravy train .......

As for the pound.....I can recall it being at almost parity, and that was without a referendum on the horizon, I suspect once the vote is done and we have hopefully voted to leave, then I wouldn't be surprised if the pound soared back to 1.40+€ .........
userKnaus
Posted: 7 April 2016 2:38 PM

Gets involved

What about the 9million the government have spent of our money to promote staying in the EU. It is disgusting when we are suffering cuts to all our services. Then there is the enlargement of the EU by more countries that haven' t the means to support themselves joining. Look what happened to the USSR it collapsed. We aren't allowed to trade with whom we like unless we get the consent of all the members.We lived well before we joined.The EU was only for trade to begin with then the so called powers that be began to decide our laws and how wee should live I nedvervoted to join so won't be voting to stay in. The sooner we leave the better.
userPJay
Posted: 7 April 2016 6:55 PM

Forum master

Interesting that 73% of the votes on this forum are for OUT!

Even though it may well affect us Motor Homers . Why don't the Government have a poll on line?, instead of spending billions of our money on sending every one a leaflet? most of which will go straight in the bin!
I may read it, but will not change my mind
PJay
PS can we have our OLD passports back as well??
usermalc d
Posted: 7 April 2016 10:10 PM

Legendary contributor

PJay - 2016-04-07 6:55 PM

/QUOTE]

Interesting, but not surprising.

The polls indicate that " older folk " are more likely to vote out .

I reckon that is because a lot of them long for " the old days " - and believe they will come back if we leave the EU.

They won't of course, as most problems we have these days are caused by globalisation, terrorism or just UK government policies.

Still, it's nice to dream.

userpelmetman
Posted: 8 April 2016 9:05 AM

Walks with the gods

malc d - 2016-04-07 10:10 PM

PJay - 2016-04-07 6:55 PM

/QUOTE]

Interesting, but not surprising.

The polls indicate that " older folk " are more likely to vote out .

I reckon that is because a lot of them long for " the old days " - and believe they will come back if we leave the EU.

They won't of course, as most problems we have these days are caused by globalisation, terrorism or just UK government policies.

Still, it's nice to dream.

Or maybe its because they realise they have been sold a pig in a poke.....
Or that they've seen a one size fits all doesn't work.....
Or perhaps its the fact that they're becoming ethnic minorities in their own country......
Or it could be that they resent foreign cultures are being given priority over their own......
Or they have seen their wages being suppressed by a jobs market flooded by cheap EU labour......
Or that they object to the EU's expansionists policies.......
Or it could be that some of us weren't OLD enough to vote last time .....

OGGY OGGY OGGY.......OUT OUT OUT!!! ........

userpelmetman
Posted: 8 April 2016 1:02 PM

Walks with the gods

If your annoyed at Cameron using the UK taxpayer to fund his propaganda .......

Sign here ........

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/116762

Edited by pelmetman 2016-04-08 1:03 PM
userTracker
Posted: 8 April 2016 3:21 PM

Thanks dave - I'm number 142,264!

Much more important than Aires for England it seems!
userzombies
Posted: 12 April 2016 12:24 AM

Pops in from time to time

I as many others don't know the benefits of either but.......

I don't trust our government to replace any laws tge EU have in place.
I don't trust our government to fund major works that the EU fund.
I have lived abroad (within the EU) and came back as and when I pleased and I wish to do the the same again at some point.
Most people (for me) are voting out due to a border issue, I don't trust the government to create jobs to manage the borders.
I feel I might not be able to do so so freely as I did before, basically I wasnt registered in the other country for some time whilst I found my feet so to speak, I feel I would have to be known next time if out of the EU which would make it more difficult to settle.

A lot of laws set out by the EU are done so for the benefit of its individuals.
Laws setbout by the government will benefit those who set them.
userPoppy
Posted: 12 April 2016 9:16 AM

Pillar of the forums

terry1956 - 2016-03-13 1:15 PM

Hi. I am a second home owner and have owned a house in Normandy for over 14 years. at the moment I have the house on the market but there is know interest as most people in France don't have any money due to the mad left wing nut job Hollande. His idea of over taxing the rich and imposing even madder green taxes as lead to a total lack of investment in the country and a lot of unemployment as companies failing the mass of employment laws fall back on employment agents for staff, a bit like the rise in zero hours contacts in this country. anyway how will second home ownership work out. It will take two years to pull out of EU. in that time nothing will change for sure. after that I would think that for France two thinks will happen. the first is that the likes of Hollande will impose higher rates of taxes on none French home ownership for the brits ( the French did have a go at this when Brown was PM as he wanted more taxes from 2nd home owners both here in the UK and within the EU.) the second thing that may happen is the rise of the far right mainly due to the uncontrolled immigration and a feeling of helplessness that is coming over Europeans as a whole. again I think it will be a rise of taxes.
at the moment the French housing market is in free fall. high unemployment and high taxes will have that effect. my house is worth about the same now as I paid 14 years back. for me if I had to give the place away to get my country back I would be happy to do so. if we remain in its good bye England, its history, laws the lot. and for what, gay rights, women's rights and watching fools setting outside coffee houses in the cold and rain thinking they are Europeans in Paris. give me a pint of good beer and a log fire anyday.
michael
Having read the survey about what British Muslims think can I say that your views on womens and gay rights are quite close to the more, shall we say, evangelical muslims.Odd that,
userlaimeduck
Posted: 12 April 2016 10:38 AM

Epic contributor

I replicate 2 items. The first an e-mail from a big player in the City to a friend of mine. The second an article by Frederick Forsyth about a month old. Both very thought provoking ....................

Dear fellow "referendees"

The "six-of-one-half-a-dozen-of-the-other" arguments about trade; immigration; security; jobs etc highlight the cluelessness we feel about the day to day practical implications of staying with or leaving our European neighbours. I'd like to step back a bit and think about what it is we're actually wedded to.

You may have seen this already. It speaks to my principal objection to the "remain" argument - namely that it is more effective and sensible to try to reform the EU "from within" rather than leave the building in a huff.

I hark back to our noble Prime Minister's recent dismal results after a strenuous and protracted round of negotiations with EU grandees which yielded, I think we can agree, the square root of naff-all in terms of meaningful structural reform. The blindingly obvious fact is that it is impossible to get 28 people to agree on anything without unacceptable watering-down compromises (dinner time at home is a daily salutary reminder of this universal truth). It is abundantly clear, therefore, that the EU is un-reformable in any fundamental way as it is currently organised and that any significant restructuring is snookered by the "28 in agreement" requirement. All the Turkeys (literally!) won't vote for Christmas! The EU has been deliberately designed to be impregnable to the inconveniences of normal democratic change and to be controlled by unelected officials.

I'd like to be persuaded otherwise but the fear tactics currently being deployed by the remain camp merely strengthens my conviction that, like the Wizard of Oz, the scaremongering response to a possible Brexit from the EU Politburo (including the UK) is an elaborate facade erected to protect over-paid and self-serving bureaucrats who are genuinely afraid of being revealed for what they are; individuals who are interested only in maintaining the status quo because they benefit hugely from the EU project even as it steams unswervingly, like the Titanic, towards the iceberg of fiscal collapse. (that's quite enough mixing of metaphors - ed)

From Frederick Forsyth Express article 11/03/16

A long time ago a very wise old man advised me thus: “If ever you are confronted by a highlycomplex situation and a decision cannot be avoided, never rush to an earlyemotional judgment. Subject the subject to the four-pronged ARID. It stands forAnalyse, Research, Identify and then Decide.” We all now face the decision: should we continue as obedient membersof the EU or should we sever the link? Let me try to apply the old man’sadvice. 

A

Any country other than a shambolic anarchy must have agovernment. That said, most governmental systems end with the five-letter “cracy” derived from the Greek for “rule”. There are about 10. We knowabout autocracy, rule by a single tyrant. There is theocracy, rule by thepriestly caste, such as Iran.  Add stratocracy, rule by the army (Egypt)and plutocracy (by the very rich). We have seen gerontocracy, with the reins ofpower in the hands of the extremely old - the Soviet politburo in its lastdays. And aristocracy, rule by the nobles, long gone.   But two are with us and visible. One isbureaucracy, government by the officials, the constant competitor for powerwith rule by the “demos”: the people.Democracy. It is by far the hardest to establish.  It is the most fragile,the easiest to fake with rigged elections, meaningless ceremonies and elaboratecharades. I estimate about 100 phoney democracies worldwide. But ours isparliamentary democracy so let’s give it a glance.  Of course it isindirect. We cannot expect the electorate to go to the polls for every tinydecision. So we divide the country into 650 constituencies with one MP foreach. The party with the most MPs in Westminster governs for five years. At thepinnacle is the Cabinet and, with encircling junior ministers, forms theGovernment, which I will call the power.  But there is more. The power isheld to account, not five-yearly, not annually or monthly but every day. Doingthis is the official Opposition but also the backbench MPs even of thegovernment party. This “holding toaccount” is vital. Assisting these critics is hopefully a free and unafraidpress. 

I have travelled very widely, seen the good, the bad and the very ugly andhave come firmly to the view that with all its flaws the British parliamentaryform of democracy is the best in the world. Not for those in power but for thepeople who between elections still have a voice. It is against this templatethat we can judge the system of the EU. 

R

Just after the war a group of men, politicians, thinkers,intellectuals and theorists, formed around Frenchman Jean Monnet, becameconvinced that what they had witnessed at close quarters - the utterdestruction of their continent in a vicious war - must never, ever, happenagain. It was not a bad view-point, indeed it was a noble one.  They thenanalysed the problem and came up with two solutions. The first was that thevarious and disparate nations of Europe west of the Iron Curtain must somehowbe unified into one under a single government. They accepted that this mighttake two, even three generations but must be done. This was not an ignoblevision.  It was their second conclusion to which I take exception. Thewhole group was mesmerised by one fact. In 1933 the Germans, seized by rabidnationalism, voted Adolf Hitler into power. Their conclusion: the people, anypeople, were too obtuse, too gullible, too dim ever to be safely entrusted withthe power to elect their government.  People’s democracy was flawed andshould never be permitted to decide government again if war was to be avoided.Real power would have to be confined to a non-elective body of enlightenedminds like theirs. 

In the 70 years since, the theory has never changed. Itremains exactly the same today. The British Cabinet has power and may delegatethat power to a wide range of civil servants: police chiefs, generals,bureaucrats. But it itself remains elective. The people can change it via thepolling booth. Not in the EU. The difference is absolutelyfundamental. They realised, those founders, that there would have to befaçades erected to persuade the gullible that democracy had not been abolishedin the new utopia. There is indeed a European Parliament - but with adifference.  In London it is the Commons that is the law-giver, the UpperHouse is the vetting and endorsing chamber. In Brussels the EU Parliament hasno lower house, it is the endorsing chamber. It ratifies what the real power,the non-elective European Commission, has decided.  The broad masses wouldalso have to be convinced that the purpose of the Monnet utopia was economicand thus about prosperity. This untruth has prevailed to this day and is themain plank of the establishment propaganda in our present British decision-making. In fact the final destination of the EU is entirely political. It is thecomplete political, legal and constitutional unification of the continent ofEurope into a single entity: the State of Europe. This clearly cannot make waragainst itself, thus guaranteeing peace. Albeit without democracy. 

It is amazing how many intelligent people have fallen for this fiction.Thus David Cameron can tell us with a straight face that he repudiates thethree pillars of the EU - the doctrine of even closer union, a single externalborder but no internal ones (Schengen) and a single currency (eurozone) - butstill thinks we will sit at the top table. He believes the EU is about tradeand tariffs. No, that’s what we thought we joined. 

I

Back in the 1960s one British premier (Macmillan) afteranother (Heath) came to the view that with the empire departing into independenceand the USA becoming more protectionist our economic days were numbered. If theworld beyond the oceans was not communist it was Third World, meaningimpoverished.  Both premiers became convinced the future lay east acrossthe Channel. Back then the union was six countries: Germany, France, Italy,plus minnows Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg. Wealthy, especially Germany,booming. Just the trading partners we needed.  So under Heath we joinedthe Common Market. As a trading nation for centuries we were delighted to doso. Then the lies began. It would never go further, we were told. The Sixbecame the Nine but all in western Europe.   Heath lied to us. He said there would neverbe any question of “transfer ofsignificant sovereignty”. He had read the whole Treaty of Rome. No one elsehad. He knew this was just the tip of the iceberg. 

Then in 1992 came the Maastricht Treaty. We were told it was just tidyingup loose ends. More lies. It was transformational. It created the EuropeanUnion. Slowly, decree by decree, rule by rule, law by law, our ancient right togovern ourselves the way we wanted to be governed and by whom was transferredfrom London to Brussels. Today 60% of all laws are framed in Brussels, notLondon.  The lies multiplied. The entire establishment, much espoused ofpower without accountability, has become hugely enamoured of the newgovernmental system. Less and less need to consult those wretched people, thevoters.  It is no coincidence that the five professions that worship power- politicians, bureaucrats, diplomats, quangocrats and lawyers, plus the twothat lust for money, bankers/ financiers and tycoons - today constitute almostthe whole of the stay-in campaign. Almost to a man.  And the liesproliferate. “There is no intention to proceedto a superstate.” Really? Read the Treaty of Rome. That is the whole pointof the EU. What is not said is that in a unified continent there can be noplace for the independent, autonomous, self-governing sovereignnation/state.  The two are a contradiction in terms. Only here in the UKis that denied. In Brussels it is accepted as wholly obvious. “The end of nation” is regarded as awork in progress. Endgame is foreseen as a decade, maybe two. 

D

The referendum decision of June 23 will be the last ever,the decision permanent. So this is your choice. This is about the country inwhich we will spend the rest of our lives, the land we will pass on to ourchildren and grandchildren.  What kind of a country, what kind of agovernmental system? People’s democracy or officialdom’s empire? Our right tohold power to account or just two duties: to pay and obey? For me it is simpleand takes just five words. I want my country back.

userpelmetman
Posted: 12 April 2016 11:54 AM

Walks with the gods

laimeduck - 2016-04-12 10:38 AM

I want my country back.

Amen to that .........

userTracker
Posted: 12 April 2016 2:19 PM

pelmetman - 2016-04-12 11:54 AM

laimeduck - 2016-04-12 10:38 AM

I want my country back.

Amen to that .........

Absolutely right!

Why let ourselves be screwed by the EUwhen we have plenty of home grown so called politicians who are more than capable of buggering up the country on our behalf - but at least we can chuck 'em out afer five years and let another bunch of misfits have a go!

Edited by Tracker 2016-04-12 2:20 PM
userRogerC
Posted: 12 April 2016 9:53 PM

Forum master

I'm 210602 on the petition........biased mailshots issued by HMG is not on....a fair and balanced mailshot yes I would agree but not biased towards the 'in' bigade'
userpelmetman
Posted: 13 April 2016 8:01 AM

Walks with the gods

I see the IMF has signed up for "Project Fear" ........I wonder why Osbourne and Cameron are not complaining about this forecast for the UK unlike previous ones?...........probably because it suits their "Agenda" .......even so 1.9% growth is much better than the Eurozones 1.5% .......

I guess the next prophet doom will be Obama, who will lecture us on how we should be good little poodles .....

No doubt before the 23rd we'll be told that the sky will fall in, and UKIP supporters will eat your babies ....

Edited by pelmetman 2016-04-13 8:02 AM
usermalc d
Posted: 13 April 2016 3:39 PM

Legendary contributor

RogerC - 2016-04-12 9:53 PM

.....................biased mailshots issued by HMG is not on....

.. especially when it's being paid for by people who want to leave (as well as those who want to stay )

Edited by malc d 2016-04-13 3:40 PM
userWallynnette
Posted: 13 April 2016 6:20 PM

Pops in from time to time

I actually posted my 'stay in' booklet back from whence it came together with a letter saying how arrogant Dave is. He seems to think that ALL the government is for remaining, there's mp's across the board on all sides that want out. Plus it was not a fair 50/50 information, just one page on leaving. The money wasted could have gone anywhere and have been more use.
userpelmetman
Posted: 20 April 2016 7:02 PM

Walks with the gods

I'm beginning to wonder who the pollsters are actually canvasing, and just what their agenda is ......

As yesterdays Telegraph stated the remain camp were pulling ahead......based on a ORB poll of just 198 people??......yet further down the same online article there is a online poll, of which 76% want to leave based on 22507 people .........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/18/remain-pulls-ahead-of-leave-in-eu-referendum-poll-as-david-camer/

Indeed every online poll I've seen seems to indicate a 70% plus wanting to leave, just as this one does ......

Perhaps its just another example of the vested interests trying to influence the vote ......

userW3526602
Posted: 24 April 2016 7:11 AM

Epic contributor

nowtelse2do - 2016-02-29 8:12 PM

Hi,

<<< In 2014 our exports to the EU was 46.6%. Imports from the EU were 53.2%. Our exports are still falling .>>>

If we export £1 of goods, that's £0.46.

If we import £2 of goods. that's £1.06.

Percentages are meaningless without knowing the percentage of what.

I cannot get my brain round why it is to MY/OUR advantage to export, say, Welsh lamb, and import lamb from elsewhere (I don't know if we still do import lamb). I presume the farmer gets a better price, the importers and exporters, and haulage companies take a cut .... but where are they based (and pay their taxes). In the meantime, we have all those expenses added to whatever we are eating. Locally produced food in France is cheap.

I have stopped eating my daily apple ... taste and consistency of wood. I did not question where they came from.

When a foreign President gives dire warnings of what will happen if we leave, I wonder if their advice is for our benefit, or for their own. When their advice comes in the form of a threat, it tends to make me lean the other way.

I would rather live in a hovel I own, than a mansion I rent. I want control of my own destiny.

usermalc d
Posted: 24 April 2016 10:36 AM

Legendary contributor

W3526602 - 2016-04-24 7:11 AM

I would rather live in a hovel I own, than a mansion I rent. I want control of my own destiny.

I'm always surprised to hear of people who can control their own destinies.

All I've managed to do so far is control my own lifestyle.

Everything else has been in the lap of the gods.

userW3526602
Posted: 24 April 2016 6:24 PM

Epic contributor

<<< I'm always surprised to hear of people who can control their own destinies. >>>

Hi Malc

My Great Great Grandfather knew exactly when he was going to die ....

The judge told him.

But seriously, life would have been very different if, when I was 16, I know what I know now. For a start, I would not have voted to join the EC.

userpelmetman
Posted: 25 April 2016 11:17 AM

Walks with the gods

This is why the referendum is our last chance to escape .......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3556895/Labour-s-leaflet-woo-Poles-vote-English-different-message-Party-accused-resorting-divisive-tactics-win-support-local-elections.html

Because next time we'll be out numbered ...........

userpelmetman
Posted: 2 May 2016 9:16 AM

Walks with the gods

Well I knew it was only a matter of time ........Now Brexit will be bad for the rest of the world

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3568772/Leaving-EU-endanger-Earth-says-Miliband-Former-Labour-leader-issues-extraordinary-warning-global-habitat-suffer-Britain-leaves.html

These Remain folk really are a desperate lot ........

userKeith T
Posted: 11 May 2016 10:28 PM

Epic contributor

Almost 220k signatures now - didn't see, or know, the result of the Parliamentary discussion, but its never going to achieve much on the simple basis that the money has been spent.!

As far as the 'poll results' are concerned, it might just be that the large percentage of folk who will do on-line polls are of the generation who has seen how the EU has grown, and is run by failed politicians.

Interestingly, we were on a campsite in France a week or two ago, and I was chatting to a Dutchman, and his opinion was we should come out, not least because he believed that Holland would also need a similar referendum and would vote to follow us!!
It seems that a lot of 'European' citizens resident in most of the countries within Europe, would like to return to their own parliaments or whatever they have, and not be dictated to by a non elected, highly paid, group of politicians and civil servants..
userKnaus
Posted: 21 May 2016 2:40 PM

Gets involved

Hi did anyone watch Jeremy Paxman's programme on TV this week? It just showed you how much I is spent on the total hierocracy of the EU. The buildings alone must cost a fortune to upkeep and as for all those members that have to travel to Strasbourg just to vote is unbelievable. Let's get out while we can!
usergoldi
Posted: 26 May 2016 12:16 AM

A posting machine

evening all,

The transport minister Patrick Mc Loughlan has proposed the foreign trucks pay ten pounds a day for using British roads. This has ben refused by Brussels unles the same is charged to british trucks even though those foreign trucks might have paid £200 to travel through France insisting that British truckers are charged the same. In my view this will incentivise any British government to accelerate the implementation of road tolling.
Then there is the matter of solar panels. Due to the allegations of Chinese dumping of solar panels in Europe, Brussels applied a 50% tariff on solar panels to protect the German manufacturers , so if you have solar panels on the roof of your motorhome you may have paid too much.

Then there is the matter of open borders. It stands reason that there is bound to be an increase in road congestion . All these three items impact on motorhomers Quality of life.

Its hard to believe that 100 years ago we had the worlds biggest navy and owned two thirds of the world.. Now we have David Cameron pleading with Jean Claude Juncker to reduce the amount of VAT to zero from 5% which created 14 million of tax only which is less than a third of the boxing day flood damage. And yet Jean Claude Juncker was the president of the tax haven of Luxembourg, a country smaller than Lancashire. How low has our national pride become

After the events in Cologne on new years eve why would any woman vote to remain or why would any man suggest to his wife or daughter to vote remain for the sake of a tick in a box.

If these government economists were so clever then why did they not predict the collapse of the oil price only 8 months after the Scottish election, Cameron and co could beat the Breakaways to death with this which would have put Scotland 15 billion in dept.. Clearly these econconmists have no more idea than the man in the moon.

One man one vote has the same power whether you are rich or poor. Everyday people should not lose that power to the Elites and manipulators who are gradually eroding our Democracy
userW3526602
Posted: 26 May 2016 6:38 AM

Epic contributor

Hi,

I'm being told that if we leave the EU, our economy will collapse. Do they mean our Fat Cat's economy? Whatever, how did we let our master's get us into the position where we are beholden to other nations? Isn't it about time that we took control of our future back?

But then again, I'm being told that if the UK leaves the EU, the GLOBAL economy will collapse. Perhaps we have a bigger stick than we thought ... and our PM forgot to wave it.

The latest news is that leaving the EU will extend our period of austerity by another two years. What austerity? Does driving a motorhome indicate an austere lifestyle? Am I depriving my kids of a decent lifestyle because I don't have two motorhomes?

Why do politicians rant on about stopping the "boom and bust" economy ... but only during a "bust".

userTracker
Posted: 26 May 2016 7:00 AM

W3526602 - 2016-05-26 6:38 AM
The latest news is that leaving the EU will extend our period of austerity by another two years. What austerity? Does driving a motorhome indicate an austere lifestyle? Am I depriving my kids of a decent lifestyle because I don't have two motorhomes?

There is no doubt that 'we' motorhomers by the very nature that we need to be relatively well off to own and run one are in a privilidged position financially and there is of course nothing wrong with that.

However we do need to appreciate that much of our population does not enjoy this status - as indeed many of us did not all those years ago.

For a lot of people the lack of job and pension security and the risks of losing your home if you lose your job and can't get a comparable one are very real and the pressure on incomes which seem not to be rising inline with real world prices adds another level of stress to many younger families.

The problem is not is what is best for me, but what is best for the UK population as a whole, and it is hard to see why anyone aho has never lived without the EU would want to risk leaving it for an unknown?

userpelmetman
Posted: 26 May 2016 9:01 AM

Walks with the gods

Tracker - 2016-05-26 7:00 AM

The problem is not is what is best for me, but what is best for the UK population as a whole, and it is hard to see why anyone aho has never lived without the EU would want to risk leaving it for an unknown?

Those who think they're preserving the Status Quo if we remain are seriously deluded .........If we remain UK culture will disappear under a tide of migrants, helped by our PC elite, the NHS will collapse, our education system will become third rate..........

Staying in the EU is a race to the bottom ......

Vote Leave to Remain prosperous ..........

userKeith T
Posted: 26 May 2016 9:16 AM

Epic contributor

More scaremongering this morning, I see......What I don't get is why at the outset Cameron was quite willing to back the leave route if he didn't get the concessions he wanted...whilst he didn't get them anyway, he now has gone totally opposite, but surely he must have already foreseen what might/could/ happen on the basis that he didn't achieve them and would he then have still played down the benefits of leaving?

One can only hope the continual scaremongering and plucking figures out of nowhere to support his current arguments will actually be a positive for making people vote OUT. He didn't get the necessary concessions anyway, in most peoples view, that is, and I think that's another reason why we need to get out of being run by a group of unelected highly paid, unaccountable to anyone, officials, mainly failed politicians, including former prime ministers!!!
userMuswell
Posted: 26 May 2016 9:49 AM

Epic contributor

Keith T - 2016-05-26 9:16 AM

One can only hope the continual scaremongering and plucking figures out of nowhere to support his current arguments will actually be a positive for making people vote OUT.

One can only hope that Farage knows more about economics than the Bank of England, IMF and IFS.
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator