What's your idea of paradise?

Andrew MMM

Time to travel - when child has left home *-) *-)

Mondial to travel in - new one

Fit enough to enjoy it when it happens.

Greek islands has always looked nice, or Malasia , or enough money to enjoy Norway and Austria.

Dream job would be Motorhome tester :-D :-D :-D

Mandy

For me its a combination of several things.

Finding the perfect wild spot in the van, superb weather, superb location, some decent French Cheese, a case of Leffe Blonde and my guitar. This is paradise.

Seldom do all these requirements for my perfect paradise come together but the beauty of long term motorhoming is that amongst all the days when it rains, the Sat nav takes you down a goat track, the Aire turns out to be packed or everyone from Belgium seems to have also found the wild spot you have just driven two hundred miles to get to, sometimes it all comes together and you do find your Nivarna Shangri La!

Several places spring to mind that came close to this elusive Paradise that we seek. High up in the Pyrenees in Spring in 2010 chasing Marmots up the mountain on the scooter and getting the Aire at Gavarnie to ourselves with not a cloud in the sky, Finding our secret wild spot over looking the sea in Brittany that even the French dont know about and last summer rowing to our own private island on a lake in the Haut Languedoc.

Halstatt in Austria this year scores the highest. July and we had the place to ourselves most of the time!

1393167549_P1070054(Small).JPG.b987ebd80414ff5970b921c04aad44c6.JPG

Barryd999 - 2012-07-24 8:56 AM

For me its a combination of several things.

Finding the perfect wild spot in the van, superb weather, superb location, some decent French Cheese, a case of Leffe Blonde and my guitar. This is paradise.

Seldom do all these requirements for my perfect paradise come together but the beauty of long term motorhoming is that amongst all the days when it rains, the Sat nav takes you down a goat track, the Aire turns out to be packed or everyone from Belgium seems to have also found the wild spot you have just driven two hundred miles to get to, sometimes it all comes together and you do find your Nivarna Shangri La!

Several places spring to mind that came close to this elusive Paradise that we seek. High up in the Pyrenees in Spring in 2010 chasing Marmots up the mountain on the scooter and getting the Aire at Gavarnie to ourselves with not a cloud in the sky, Finding our secret wild spot over looking the sea in Brittany that even the French dont know about and last summer rowing to our own private island on a lake in the Haut Languedoc.

Halstatt in Austria this year scores the highest. July and we had the place to ourselves most of the time!

Looks superb!

Archived