You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Your Views
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
What's your idea of paradise?
AuthorMessage
userAndrew MMM
Posted: 23 July 2012 12:40 PM
Subject: What's your idea of paradise?

Pops in from time to time

With reference to our 'Paradise Found' themed August issue (out July 26th), we ask, what's your idea of paradise?

(Mine probably involves real ale and a break from the kids! OK, so the kids can stay, as long as they're well behaved...)
userMandy&Andy
Posted: 24 July 2012 6:49 AM
Subject: RE: What's your idea of paradise?

Treasured contributor

Time to travel - when child has left home
Mondial to travel in - new one
Fit enough to enjoy it when it happens.

Greek islands has always looked nice, or Malasia , or enough money to enjoy Norway and Austria.

Dream job would be Motorhome tester

Mandy
userPoppy
Posted: 24 July 2012 8:24 AM

Pillar of the forums

Being able to take my horse as well as dog when we go away!
userBarryd999
Posted: 24 July 2012 8:56 AM

Lord of the posts

For me its a combination of several things.

Finding the perfect wild spot in the van, superb weather, superb location, some decent French Cheese, a case of Leffe Blonde and my guitar. This is paradise.

Seldom do all these requirements for my perfect paradise come together but the beauty of long term motorhoming is that amongst all the days when it rains, the Sat nav takes you down a goat track, the Aire turns out to be packed or everyone from Belgium seems to have also found the wild spot you have just driven two hundred miles to get to, sometimes it all comes together and you do find your Nivarna Shangri La!

Several places spring to mind that came close to this elusive Paradise that we seek. High up in the Pyrenees in Spring in 2010 chasing Marmots up the mountain on the scooter and getting the Aire at Gavarnie to ourselves with not a cloud in the sky, Finding our secret wild spot over looking the sea in Brittany that even the French dont know about and last summer rowing to our own private island on a lake in the Haut Languedoc.

Halstatt in Austria this year scores the highest. July and we had the place to ourselves most of the time!

Edited by Barryd999 2012-07-24 9:02 AM

(P1070054 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1070054 (Small).JPG (58KB - 466 downloads)
userAndrew MMM
Posted: 24 July 2012 12:18 PM

Pops in from time to time

Barryd999 - 2012-07-24 8:56 AM

For me its a combination of several things.

Finding the perfect wild spot in the van, superb weather, superb location, some decent French Cheese, a case of Leffe Blonde and my guitar. This is paradise.

Seldom do all these requirements for my perfect paradise come together but the beauty of long term motorhoming is that amongst all the days when it rains, the Sat nav takes you down a goat track, the Aire turns out to be packed or everyone from Belgium seems to have also found the wild spot you have just driven two hundred miles to get to, sometimes it all comes together and you do find your Nivarna Shangri La!

Several places spring to mind that came close to this elusive Paradise that we seek. High up in the Pyrenees in Spring in 2010 chasing Marmots up the mountain on the scooter and getting the Aire at Gavarnie to ourselves with not a cloud in the sky, Finding our secret wild spot over looking the sea in Brittany that even the French dont know about and last summer rowing to our own private island on a lake in the Haut Languedoc.

Halstatt in Austria this year scores the highest. July and we had the place to ourselves most of the time!

Looks superb!
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator