Your 2012 travel plans...

Administrator

Let me think....well here's my first thoughts.

Easter head down SW proboly cornwall.

Late june NW Scotland, going up from Applecross to Cape Wrath., tho gf thinks France, we'll see!

Rest of year hopefully weekends at old favorites and new places.

Guess we will start after Habitation check & Servicing, with a few midweek trips from end March & some Shows, then hopefully IOW & New Forest in May.

Only one definate trip planned to date.

France - end August for however many weeks we can, depending on wife's hospital visits.

We tend to have several trips to Dartmoor, where we have Letterboxing Treks,especially for the Meet in March. If you don't know why Letterboxing is just google it..

Our main trip will be to Lake Garda stopping off at Annecy either on the way down or on the way back. We just don't seem to be able not to call in to Lake Annecy, must be the prettiest town in France ( or is it?)

The rest is played by ear, but getting away whenever we can, rather be away than at home, somehow get in some games of golf also.

(lol)

Hopefully taking a 'Cal-Mac' island Hopscotch to the Western isles in April/May, favourites are the 'Uists and Barra' . then back via Skye to Onich, for a week.

we avoid the school holidays then go away again in September. (because we can) don't dislike ALL children, just most of them. ;-) Ray

Wife wants to do " Paris in the Springtime " then open another Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller Acc and then see as much of France  and Germany as we can before begining of October with a bit of the UK thrown in between European  Trips. There will be the usual home visits to see Doctors / Dentists / hospital appointments and tend the gardens. The trouble is it passes us by toooooo quickly.

Herefordshire and southern Powys for a week in March.

Various shows throughout spring and summer.

French Alps during June. (Weather dependent - could end up in Austria or Italy)

Couple of weeks in September abroad - destination yet to be decided.

Rallies during autumn.

Possible New Year Rally

Habitation & annual service done - stated the year at Wells in Somerset , at the Wells Holiday Park- great Adults only pitch - easy walk to town.

Hope to travel to Wareham and Isle of Purbeck in early spring.

Travelling to the Mosel Valley in June, crossing booked - now in planning stage. hope to return to France early autumn and travel to Lille ( she who must be obeyed has always wanted to go there ! )

Fill in between with short breaks in and around West Country, but tend to ease off during kids summer hols !

Will be going anywhere where there are craft fairs, junk shops art galleries, antique shops, canal boats and must get to the Black Country museum this year, 27 acres of pure delight for me, a holiday is not a success for me unless I come back with a van loaded to the gunnels with junk.

Spending 10 days in France at Easter, nothing planned for the end of May yet ! but our summer tour this year (26 days) is start at Le Havre then travel down through France and return via Bilbao Ferry. All ferries/Sites already booked. We have a fairly large M'home but have never had any problems finding sites that can accommodate us (even the Municipal campsites). All but one are either within walking distance of the local town or have public transport within 200m of the site. All but one of the pitches are fully serviced :-D

Already away...New Forest, now South Devon, good bargain on sites at present. Feb away, but not in Motohrome - flying to Madeira! March prob a couple of weeks somehwer in UK, then avoiding East in Uk, have booked Yorkshire for a week or two. Mid May 0 Mid July, France, can't think any further ahead than that!!

We are waiting patiently for d.v.l.a to send my husbands driving licence back as a 70 th birthday present, then France, Spain and Portugal are on the agenda. We will be back in u.k. by june and go to a couple of shows, and attempt to go to Tunisia via Italy and ferry to Tunis. I wonder how many times we have been on aires in France and been parked up next to a van that belongs to someone from this forum.

We're off to France in July for 3 weeks, clockwise tour during which we hope to co-incide with the Tour de France at least 3 times. Nothing booked except the ferry, so we might change our minds as we go along!

But we'll also be doing all sorts of smaller trips, from the odd Sunday night away (Monday's my day off!) to a long weekend for my 60th birthday.

Oh, and we'll also be also using the van as a cheap way to attend a conference later this month.

lalapanzi - 2012-01-29 2:45 PM

. I wonder how many times we have been on aires in France and been parked up next to a van that belongs to someone from this forum.

I have often wondered this as well. Maybe we could have a "Badge" to show we are contributors , and display this, so others could say hello . Any one able to design one? Then we could print it off

PJay

PJay - 2012-02-02 11:48 AM

. I wonder how many times we have been on aires in France and been parked up next to a van that belongs to someone from this forum.

I have often wondered this as well. Maybe we could have a "Badge" to show we are contributors , and display this, so others could say hello . Any one able to design one? Then we could print it off

PJay

How's this as a first attempt? :D

Badge.png.95cf957667dc75e341cf47a3229fee32.png

Badge.png.83c144b36760f609b6331ae20ffa047c.png

PJay - 2012-02-02 11:48 AM

PJay

How's this for a first attempt? :D

Badge.png.2dc828c71e26be6bc0cc56e0e653c288.png

Archived