Holiday Lodge Insurance.

Bobw

We have just purchased an Omar Heron Lodge, two years old, at Benson, Oxon. The previous owner passed on the insurance with Park Home Insurance having 6 months cover remaining. Park home Ins. are declining to transfer the insurance to us, or offer a new insurance cover. Is this normal? with 6 months remaining is it insured?? :-(

• 8 months later...
Bobw - 2009-06-15 4:08 PM

We have just purchased an Omar Heron Lodge, two years old, at Benson, Oxon. The previous owner passed on the insurance with Park Home Insurance having 6 months cover remaining. Park home Ins. are declining to transfer the insurance to us, or offer a new insurance cover. Is this normal? with 6 months remaining is it insured?? :-(

Hi

I'm hoping you will receive this message bearing in mind it's in response to one from you about 8 months ago now!

How did you get on with your Park Home Insurance problem? We have just received a letter from them saying that they will be unable to renew our policy in March and we've been using them for 6 years now. I'm guessing that the people they use (Zurich Insurance) have stopped issuing policies to park home owners who use it for holiday purposes rather than residential.

I see lots of people viewed your message but no-one replied to you. Did you manage to find some cover elsewhere, or did you sort something out with Park Home Insurance?

Regards

Kaye

Archived