You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Park Homes -> Park Home Zone
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Static Caravans - Dehumidifier Advice and Experience
AuthorMessage
userDavid Rutherford
Posted: 8 September 2005 8:00 AM
Subject: Static Caravans - Dehumidifier Advice and Experience

Hi, I have owned a static caravan since the end of July. As winter is now approaching, what are the benefits of using a dehumidifier when the caravan is unoccupied a) During the week over the winter period? and b) over the 7 week park shut down period mid-Jan to March? If anyone has any experience of a particular make and model they would recommend (with hot gas defrost and continuous drain) that would be most welcome. Many thanks.
userForester
Posted: 7 May 2007 7:16 AM
Subject: RE: Static Caravans - Dehumidifier Advice and Experience

Sorry for the late reply. When i owned one we used charcoal it did a realy good job & you can use them for your bbq when dried. (no power on when site closed)
userwoody.
Posted: 9 August 2009 10:02 PM
Subject: RE: Static Caravans - Dehumidifier Advice and Experience

Gets involved

When site closes for winter , turn off and drain all taps ,blow water pipes out using a foot pump , i always used to put vaseline on all chrome / bright work ,and put saucers of table salt in every room [ to collect damp this is thrown away when site reopens and is usually solid ] when reopening run a dehumidifier for a day and wipe all vasellined surfaces dry with a clean cloth. Just like new again , people also usually put a set of old curtains up as well and take the others to be cleaned .
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator