You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Park Homes -> Park Home Zone
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
park home on ones own land?
AuthorMessage
usergary
Posted: 22 August 2005 6:32 PM
Subject: park home on ones own land?

sorry if this is a stupid or oft asked question , but is it legal to buy a plot of land and then set up a park home on it. what regulations and byelaws should i be aware of and would such a site require planning permission?

tia

gary mcdonnell-thomas
userbigmoney2
Posted: 8 August 2006 12:22 PM
Subject: RE: park home on ones own land?

Liking what I've found

Short answer is No.
Any plot of land will probably either be classed as, agricultural, forest, or a buiding plot. You could probably get planning permission to site a static while buiding a house on a buiding plot. Any other piece of land will require planning permission and change of use to site a van/parkhome, the chances of getting this are pretty slim. there will also be a problem with sanitation and not being registered as a postal address.
Most parkhome sites are registered by the council i.e. have planning concent for the land to be used as a residential site, this is also why, some sites (holiday sites) only have a 10.5 month open season, and residential sites can be used for 12 months.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator