You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Sites and places to stay -> Sites Speak
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Access to Cae-du, Wales site
AuthorMessage
userStarship Trooper
Posted: 6 March 2011 1:28 PM
Subject: Access to Cae-du, Wales site

Just joined

Thinking of going to one of Andy Stothert's favourite sites Cae-du in Wales. Annoyingly can't find his MMM review of the site but lots of other reviews indicate superb site so has become a must for this year. My concern is, in particular, the restricted access to the site. Other reviews indicate bumpy narrow track and awkward for caravans but am going in Autocruise Tempo 6m length.

Has anyone been in this size of van, is it easy, difficult, very difficult or just needs a bit of slow careful driving.

Thanks
userAndy_C
Posted: 6 March 2011 5:05 PM
Subject: RE: Access to Cae-du, Wales site

Has lots to offer

Not sure which Cae-du campsite you are referring to, the one at Rhosllefain or the one at Beddgelert.

Not been to the one at Beddgelert but took our 7.5 tonne 7.8m Mercedes van down the track to this one without too much trouble.

Andy
userStarship Trooper
Posted: 6 March 2011 5:25 PM

Just joined

Hi Andy, yes forgot that there are two sites, same name, but the one you refer to is at Rhosllefain (not Beddgelert)

You have put my mind at ease so looks like we'll be going.

Appreciate your response

Thanks

Paul
usergriffo5
Posted: 11 April 2011 3:31 PM

Having a look around

I guess you mean the coastal site not far from Dolgelau. I was there last year in my Autotrail Tracker and access was not a problem at all. A steepish bumpy track and a narrow bridge under the railway might look a little daunting but its fine. It seems to be a well-drained field as well since a night of very heavy rain caused us no problems.
Also on the subject of Andy Stothert recommended sites, can somebody please tell me the name of the one on the Lleyn peninsula .I 'm intending to visit in May for a couple of days, then a couple of days at Harlech and finish at Cae Ddu if there's any room after a mention in MMM.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator