Advice from experienced campers please!!

kath

Hi, I’m looking in to setting up a campsite on my farm next summer and would really appreciate some advice from experienced campers. What kind of toilet and shower facilities do you expect? I’m looking into portaloos and mobile shower blocks, has any one got any experience (good or bad) of using these?? Horror stories welcome!! Thanks! Kath x

Hi Kath.

Where is your farm? is it flat. has it got ease of access, will it have lecky? & on toilets/showerblocks think down the lines of would you use them!!!! Portaloo's are ok but they are HARD WORK keeping clean same as mobile blocks if they have heavy traffic thats when the fun starts

good luck with your project & keep us informed.

Wayne.

• 3 months later...
hi kath, your post is a little old now but if you are still monitoring it i would suggest that you get in touch with the caravan club who will send a representative to you to discuss your hopes and needs ! a CL site i think would suit you down to the ground and initially would not cost too much outlay. i use these sites all the time when i cant wild camp ! in fact as i write i am on a site in shropshire ! (lol)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest starspirit
Personally I reckon that the Camping and Caravan Club would be a better bet as their exemption will allow tents as well. Unsure of the details but worth a phone call to them?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I agree with the above posting It depends really on how big you want your camp site to be ,assuming its to be small you wont do better than a Camping and Caravan Club certified site. This allows you to have 5 caravans or motorhomes and numerous tents.The minimum requirements for a C>S is an emptying point for chemical toilets and a drinking water tap seperate from the toilet dump.If you want to install proper toilets and electric points this is up to you but will be very expensive to do and won't result in much more revenue for you if you are thinking small.The club will also obtain the permissions needed from the local authorities and you will operate under their exempsion certificates saving you a lot of hassle.The club also produces annual site listings and all members receive these free so your advertising is also done for you .5 van sites as we call them are very popular and your clients will all be members and therefore will generally be responsible people and will appreciate your efforts in supplying another facility for their benefit.good luck to you .

Archived