Aire de Service France

catinou

Hi all,

I have found a free download to put the German equivalent of the aires on to our Autoroute program as pushpins - does anybody know of a French equivalent please? We have the books but are looking for an easy option!!!

We will be going down to Lake Garda in September and want to stop a few times en route so any help would be gratefully received.

Jenny :-S

Jenny,

I have done this from CampingCars Infos - it is quite straightforward

After selecting 'Clique pour Entrer'

Select the option on the left hand side:

'Synchronisation Coordinees GPS'

and then download the file marked 'Fichiers ASCII'.

I think I saved it in Excel and then imported it into Autoroute.

HTH

Robin

Hi,

I've used this site to get the lists of aires

http://womo-sp.de.ms/

where there are reasonably uptodate lists for most European countries 2695 listed for France including some campsites and just parking places (the abbreviated codes for each entry need a bit of sorting but there is a list on the English page)

I highlight, copy and paste them into notepad or similar as a text file, delete the few lines at the top then import them into Excel using Data>get external data>import text file and do some sorting using the data parsing functions.

It is a bit messy getting Autoroute to display the correct fields but as long as you have the lat and long co-ords in the first two columns it will plot them ok.

I found this useful for our trip to France and Spain this year along with the list from campingcar-infos. We also printed out their aires lists for most of the departments we visited along with the last five comments mostly in French but quite educational, and easier than having to fire up the laptop when lost 8-)

FWIW I've just added all the aires and campsites we stayed at this year to our website (as well as some places in Italy from our previous trips)

www.motorhomeandaway.co.uk

regards

Steve

Thanks very much Derek Robin & Steve - cracked it!

We can now have even more fun planning our holiday - when we sailed we had so many restrictions - mainly the weather but high winds will, I think, be the only obstacle now............ It will be so good not to have to plan the return journey the minute we arrive!

This forum is a mine of information - thanks again guys!

Jenny :-D

Archived