Aires Books (in English!)

paul and angie sande

We are planning to take Bertie :-D our now 20 year old Pilote back to France for the third time and are planning to try to cover as much as possible of Brittany in the time that we have available. We are now looking to find a good aires book covering the area. I can remember one being advertised in MMM a few months back but can't remember what it was called and don't know if it is any good. Any ideas please?

Hi P & A

the book you are probably refering to is " all the aires France" this can be obtained from vicarious books. The one I prefer is a french one "Etapes Camping car" this too can be obtained from vicarious books, it is in french and comes with a map, but can be easily worked out with a smattering of French.

They have a website www.vicariousbooks.co.uk

Last September we picked up a very useful little book of aires all round the north and west coasts of France, from Dunkerque to Biarritz.

Bought it from a service area over there.

It's called " Guide des Aires de Service" .

It's in French but fairly easy to follow.

There's a web site mentioned in the book - www.trailers-park.fr -.

Contains lots of very clear little maps showing exactly where aires are located.

Just had second thoughts ! We bought it in a supermarket, not a service area. :-( :-(

• 1 month later...

Which ever of the books you use I can recommend the aires at Carnac, (150 mtrs from shops and village centre, get there early to mid afternoon as it gets busy, no hook up). Quiberon (no hook up, lovely walks along the cliff, good evening sunset and a crepe stall on site!) and L'aguillon-sur-mer, (next to a boating lake and very pretty, no hook up).

This part of France is their equivalent of Cornwall! So expect lots of traffic and busy places, especially in the main holiday period.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived