Barnet, Hertfordshire

derek500

Trying to find a campsite close to Old Fold Manor Golf Club, Barnet.

So far, found sites in St Albans, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, but as we need to be at the course for 4 or 5 days running, looking for something closer.

We've got a 6.7m MH.

Thanks

Derek,

Dobbs weir is beautiful with water fall and river just round the corner from barnet any good. Are you towing ? will look again for you ...

Ok they have campsites try google barnet campsites seems there's one near your golf club hope this helps.

I am only five minuets from Old Fold Golf Club and I would suggest the C.C.C site at Welwyn .From this site it would take you 20-25mins to Golf club.

My Motorhome is stored there and this is how long it takes me to drive from Barnet to Welwyn I don't any site that is nearer. It's a very nice Golf Venue to play.

Grumpyman (David)

Grumpyman - 2007-05-02 9:00 PM

I am only five minuets from Old Fold Golf Club and I would suggest the C.C.C site at Welwyn .From this site it would take you 20-25mins to Golf club.

My Motorhome is stored there and this is how long it takes me to drive from Barnet to Welwyn I don't any site that is nearer. It's a very nice Golf Venue to play.

Grumpyman (David)

Thanks for that.

Slightly off topic, but I emailed the manager of the club to ask about parking during the day - my daughter is playing in the English Girls Open - and he was very unhelpful, saying there is no space in the carpark and we need to park at a campsite!!

I've had a look on Google Earth and it doesn't seem that bad there, even in the street outside.

What do you think?

Derek

You are here: Campsites -> The Elms Caravan and Camping Park

The Elms Caravan and Camping Park

Address Lippitts Hill

High Beach

Loughton

Essex

IG10 4AW

Phone 0208 502 5652

Email info@theelmscampsite.co.uk

Website Click here to visit their site

Description The Elms is a friendly, 50-pitch, family run camp park situated right on the edge of London set in the peaceful conservation area of Epping forest. Next door is the Owl public house which serves food and drink and caters for children.

How long are you wanting to go for ?...you can join the M25 straight to Barnet from here ... any good just trying to help.

;-)

Derek there are parking restrictions around the Barnet area but they end very near to the golf club we think. My Wife will check tomorrow.

There are parking bays on the main road but how much that would cost I don't know.

I'm surprised that the warden was not very helpful did you speak to Mike who is the senior warden at Welwyn.

Gumpyman(David)

Press office

Sporting Excellence

Sport & Leisure

Outdoor Recreation

Countryside & Wildlife

Heritage & Gardens

Youth & Education

Places To Stay

Art

Getting here

Lee Valley Regional Park Authority

Activity Finder

Contact us

Web Accessibility

Designed By s8080

Things To Do » Places To Stay » Lee Valley Caravan Park Dobbs Weir

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

» Lee Valley Caravan Park, Dobbs Weir: Prices

Lee Valley Caravan Park Dobbs Weir

HOW TO CONTACT US:

Lee Valley Caravan Park

Dobbs Weir, Charlton Meadows

Essex Road, Hoddesdon

EN11 OAS

Tel: 01992 462090

Fax: 01992 462090

e-mail: caravanpark@leevalleypark.org.uk

www.leevalleypark.org.uk

WE ARE OPEN

1st March 2007 – 17th September 2007

PLEASE NOTE: That this site will be closing permanently on 17th September 2007

HOW TO FIND US

By car: From the A10 take the Hoddesdon turn off, then at the 2nd roundabout turn left signposted Dobbs Weir. Lee Valley Caravan Park is on the right within 1 mile.

Please note the entrance gate to the touring field opens at 8.00am and closes at 10.00pm. and we do not take double axle caravans.

Places to visit …

Take a trip into Broxbourne for a range of exciting things to do, just 2km from the Lee Valley Caravan Park. Visit the Lee Valley Leisure Pool with wave machine. Paradise Wildlife Park, Rye House Gatehouse, Speedway circuit, RSPB Rye Meads Nature Reserve, Lee Valley Boat Centre and much more!

Broxbourne rail station is only 10 minutes drive for fast connections into London (approx. 30 mins) and easy access into Hertford and Cambridge.

Lee Valley Caravan Park Dobbs Weir

Lee Valley Camping & Caravan Park, Edmonton

Lee Valley Campsite, Sewardstone

YHA - Lee Valley

Camping and Caravanning Booking Form

Timber Riverside Chalets

Grumpy man would know more than me but hope this gives you some help. Just incase anyway good luck hope your daughter does well

Grumpyman - 2007-05-02 10:26 PM

Derek there are parking restrictions around the Barnet area but they end very near to the golf club we think. My Wife will check tomorrow.

There are parking bays on the main road but how much that would cost I don't know.

I'm surprised that the warden was not very helpful did you speak to Mike who is the senior warden at Welwyn.

Gumpyman(David)

Sorry, I meant the manager of the golf club.

Thanks Michele for all your help. The Dobb's weir site sounds good but the 8.00am opening of gates is no good. If she has an early tee time we might need to be out by six in the morning!!

I have now found a CS, about seven miles away from the golf club and although I belong to the other club they said it wouldn' be a problem.

Thanks again.

Hi Derek

I had a look round Old Fold GC area re parking -

U can park within an easy walk of the club in Kitts End Lane otside the Hadley Lawns Nursing Home.

There is unrestricted parking on the main road to the north of the club - the road is quite wide enough in places.

The club itself has a good bit of parking on proper tarmacced surface but just inside the gate is a sort of rough field which a large van could access particularly if it stays dry. Unfortunately the Manager wasn't around to ask.

The club itself is on a narrow lane but there are one or two widish bits you might be able to use.

If push comes to shove there is metered parkig nearby which would cost you £4 per day.

God luck and enjoy the tournament!

Grumpy man's equally grumpy lady!

Grumpyman - 2007-05-03 5:52 PM

Hi Derek

I had a look round Old Fold GC area re parking -

U can park within an easy walk of the club in Kitts End Lane otside the Hadley Lawns Nursing Home.

There is unrestricted parking on the main road to the north of the club - the road is quite wide enough in places.

The club itself has a good bit of parking on proper tarmacced surface but just inside the gate is a sort of rough field which a large van could access particularly if it stays dry. Unfortunately the Manager wasn't around to ask.

The club itself is on a narrow lane but there are one or two widish bits you might be able to use.

If push comes to shove there is metered parkig nearby which would cost you £4 per day.

God luck and enjoy the tournament!

Grumpy man's equally grumpy lady!

Thank you both very much for your efforts, much appreciated.

This is the first time we've had any negativity from a golf club about parking our MH.

Here in Spain they let us park overnight in the clubs' carparks.

Archived