Best UK site you've ever stayed on?

peterrosey

I can think of several depending on what your priorities are some people must have super loos and be all singing and dancing. Myself a super view far outways posh toilets. One site that springs to mind is Stromness on Orkney it has super views and there is always something going on with the ferries and other boats coming and going.

David (Grumpyman).

definately would be to have a good view....Most sites up in the north of Scotland have a really good view...Durness, Ullapool and John 'O' Groats come to mind but and costal or lochside site or parking place is the best..nothing like waking up in the morning to a magnificent view..(not the OH :$ :$ :$ )

Why do we need facillities when we have all onboard our vans (?)

I like peace and quiet and dont frequent bars etc....of course on site facillities are important....I like to use CS sites but i do like my hook-up (lol)

If you get the weather the view and surrounding area are perhaps the most important aspect.....but everyones choice and preferences are different

We tend to stick to three sites that we like, each equally. In no particular order they are:

Rowntree Park, York for its proximity to a fine city.

Abbey Wood, S.E. London, ideal to get into town but still a 'countrfied' site.

Sheepcoates Valley, Brighton as it is well placed to go for a good hike along the Seven Sisters

Wherever you like to go, enjoy it!!

Regards, Mike & Cherry.

peterrosey - 2007-09-10 1:54 PM

What about sites with lots of on-site facilities? Like decent restaurants / bars etc. Or is location and view everything to you?

My idea of hell is a site with bars, restaurants and evening enertainment, for me a small farm site within walking distance of a village with a decent pub is what I want

Archived