Best sites on the Isle of Wight

Guest Sally Pepper

Guest Sally Pepper

Hi,

We're heading over there for a few days in the middle of April. Does anybody know of any hidden away gems they don't mind sharing?

All suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation

Mark

We were on the IOW last june and thought the whole island seemmed run down bad road signs and road surfaces.the car parks are NOT motorhome friendly you pays your money although we did not because there did not  allow enough room for motorhomes  and the local parking by-laws doe's not allow eating drinking or sleeping in the parked vehicle this also included roadside parking where you had to buy a ticket to park so we left the motorhome on site and walked locally around Shanklyn and Sandown and both agreed we would not return to rip off IOW ,thats just my views others may find it fantastic 

Kelly I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay on the Isle of Wight. You obviously didn't search around enough to find nice places to visit.

I live here and I know the roads are bad, but money is to be spent on them soon. The car park charges are high too, but if you are on holiday you pay. Not like us who live here and have to pay all the time.

There are some parking places along the south of the Island where you can eat but not for sleeping (the travellers have put paid to that). I do believe that at the Viewpoint Car Park above Blackgang Chine some people do spend the night. There are lovely views from here too. If you like walking the cliff path is good. You can also park along the seafront in Ryde by the Canoe Lake, we often take ours out for a run and park there and have a cup of tea. Also you can park along the seafront between Cowes and Gurnard free. There you can watch the boats and ships.

Anyone reading Kelly's report should not be put off our Island. It is not run down and has many attractions to visit.

Archived