Camp sites north London

nora

Hi - We are going to head off to the New Forest in late June, but we want to stay off in London for a couple of nights first. We are looking for a site just North of London close to the underground so we can travel into London to site see. Has anyone got a site they could recommend please? ;-)

Le valley .... or broxborne train straight into london ..

Broxborne being the better as in safer ..sorry have to look up but I know they are there... Good luck.

failing that pardon the humour pyke site under the buy past in leabridge road Walthamstow I think not ...

hav a good time. ;-)

Hi Nora

Whilst you state 'North London', if this is not essential, then why not try the CC site at Abbey Wood? We use this regualrly to visit London, and it's about 8mins walk to teh station, 25-35mins on the train to Charing Corss, or you can usually get to Canon St, or London Bridge if that's preferred. You can also change at Greenwich for the Dockland Light railway, which will give other alternative venues......

The cost of a travel card is reasonable, and from memory about £5 or so for an 'off peak' day card. We try to have 8 nights at a time, and get a weekly travel card, which for travel anytime of day or night cost us about £31 earlier this year.

The site is just off the M25 after you have crossed the River at Dartford - proabbly about 15-20 mins drive max. To get to the New Forest is then pretty easy, returning to the M25, and we leave onto the A3 via Guildford and the M3, which will taker you directly ro that area.

:-D Hello Keith - thanks very much for your detailed reply - exactly what we are after. The close proximity of the train to and from London is great after an exhausting day site seeing! We shall certainly look at the Abbey Wood site. Nora

nora - 2007-03-29 8:14 PM

:-D Hello Keith - thanks very much for your detailed reply - exactly what we are after. The close proximity of the train to and from London is great after an exhausting day site seeing! We shall certainly look at the Abbey Wood site. Nora

Hi again Nora

Glad to be of some help. We've been going there for several years, and if you'd like any more info send me a PM and I'll be happy to help further

Archived