Camping near Verona in Italy

Bailey

Does anybody have experience of camping in or near Verona. I hope to travel there during the summer to attend some of the Operas. I have been looking at campsites on Lake Garda but there are so many. I am looking for a site that would be preferably on the lake and would be near a train station as I don't fancy driving into the City. I would prefer a small site rather than the 'Holiday Club' type. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Aileen,

We stayed at Bella Italia in 2007 for 10 days and it was wonderful. Very convenient - you can easily walk or cycle by Lake Garda into Peschiera, where there is a railway station with (very cheap if I remember correctly) trains going to Verona. There is also a bus that goes there from almost outside the campsite. Well worth looking on the Camping Cheques site for more details.... B-)

• 1 month later...
Jenny - just browsing and saw this post by you. I am looking at visiting lake Garda next year and have been on to the Bella Italia website. Even had a quick response from them when I made an enquiry. I have a 7.5 Metre (25ft) long Swift Kontiki, as you have stayed on the site thought you may be able to tell me whether the pitches are big enough for the van and an awning and whether they are easy to access and exit (?)

Archived